Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 09-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Megan-LL is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Cyp 3.4: -1.3

please help me: im really struggling on what this means :/
• An identification of sources of current guidance for planning healthy and safe environments and services.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi

look into:

Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Department for Education In Northern Ireland
St John Ambulance
The British Red Cross
British Standards Institute (BSI)
Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT)
EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage)
Ofsted

i have had this unit signed off so if you need any more guidance then please don't hesitate to ask

Lynne
Unread 10-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jane21 is on a distinguished road

can you help just don't know what i am supposed to be writing or how to get it in words lol fed up
Unread 10-09-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane21 View Post
can you help just don't know what i am supposed to be writing or how to get it in words lol fed up
Hi Jane

this is what i wrote for HSE (Health and Safety) just to give you an idea

Identify sources of current guidance for planning healthy and safe environments and services.

Health and Safety Executive (HSE) – Relates to all different types of work related issues, they cover all aspects of health and safety in all different environments such as;
• manual handling- Six steps to safe lifting, stop and think, position the feet, Bend the knees, firm grip and keep back straight, lift with legs, keep load close to your body.
• Accidents (RIDDOR) - Report serious accidents/incidents (law).
• ill health-(something that is caused due to work injury or substances
• Hazardous substances-Fumes, smoke, lead poisoning, dust, cleaning fluids etc.
• slips and falls-
• Risk assessments- 5 steps to minimising the risks (risk assessment enclosed) (see 6.15-6.24)
• Welfare facilities- Toilets and washing facilities, rest room, drinking water, changing facilities etc.
• Fire-Adequate fire signs such as fire exits, fire extinguishers with correct colour labels on, fire blankets etc.
• Vehicles at work-People hit by vehicles, falling from vehicles, objects falling from vehicles, vehicles turning over.
• First aid- First aider on duty every day. First aid box clearly marked and adequately supplied.
• Protective equipment- disposable gloves, aprons, waterproof clothing, safety helmets, life jackets etc.
• Training- Available on health and safety, manual handling, food hygiene etc.
• Electricity-Procedures for electric shocks.
• Occupational health- Illnesses caused or made worse by work such as dust, cleaning agents, diseases etc.
All these are protected by The Health and Safety at work act 1974.
All settings should have on display or in the building an up to date Health and Safety Poster.
The HSE also gives guidance on a wide range of Health and Safety issues in different industries.
There are three main guidance, these are:
• To help people understand the health and safety at work act
• To help people comply with the law
• To give advice.
Guidance is not law and is not compulsory.
There are many different sources of current guidance that early years and educational settings can use in order to plan for a healthy and safe environment or service, including the following:
• Risk education- in the year 2000 HSE set up this programme for schools to manage risks.
• General teaching requirements for Health and Safety- This was brought in for pupils to learn how to manage risks, incorporating the use of risk assessment, this allows the pupils to make their own choices and understand the consequences.
• Incident/accident- All major accidents must be reported.
• Workers roles and responsibilities- Rights to work in a risk free environment. To leave the area of work if there are risks. You must take care of your own health and safety and others around you if you are endangering them. You must cooperate and not interfere or misuse anything that is a given to you for health and safety reasons. Your employer must tell you how to do your job safely and what to do in emergencies (just a few examples of guidance’s).
These all contribute when staff plan and provide healthy and safe environments and services for the children/young people in their care. The HSE guidance was put into place so workers and businesses can follow and provide healthy and safe environments (health and safety executive 2009).

Hope it helps if you get stuck just ask for more information.

Lynne
Unread 10-24-2011, 05:10 PM

laujay is on a distinguished road

Help!! Im on the same section, but we have to come up with a resource for staff....im thinking of a power point but can't get this all into 'SIMPLE' text i keep writing it out long winded style!!
can anyone help me to make simple bullet points??? grrrrr i do know it is simple really just can not get my head around it!
Unread 01-06-2012, 12:28 AM

Children matter is on a distinguished road

Remember the EYFS if it is NVQ CACHE, then bring in what Lynne has stated earlier.
Lynne you are a star on this one
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:46 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

tj14 is on a distinguished road
Default hi where did you find all this infomation please as i am on this question now

hi where did you find all your infomation from as i am on this question now thank you
Unread 06-01-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj14 View Post
hi where did you find all your infomation from as i am on this question now thank you
From the HSE website

http://www.hse.gov.uk/services/education/index.htm

Lynne