Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 08-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default eymp 4

Hi
looking for guidance on afew questions.

They are:

2.1 Identify current policies, frameworks and influences on the early years.
i have started this question but want to make sure that i include everything.

2.2 Explain the impact of current policies, frameworks and influences on the early years sector.

3.3. Explain how the active participation of children in decisions affecting their lives promotes the achievement of positive outcomes.

4.3. Develop strategies to deal with areas of difficulty and challenge encountered in professional practice in early years settings.

Any help is much appreciatted seemed to have brain freeze and ajumbled head lol.

Any useful websites

Lynne:reading:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-02-2011, 11:40 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

21 CWDC
22 cwdc and the doe
33 you need to research 'active participation' as a method of work. inc the human rights charter
43 is al about your professional practice this is an observed LO isnt it?
Unread 08-03-2011, 08:19 AM

Hi
I have looked at the website, but brain is still frazzle think i need to come back to these questions when my brain is less frazzled.

question one (2.1),
Legislative policies the UNCRC quoting article 2, Equalities legislation (Equality Act 2010,)
Frameworks EYFS, Common core of skills
Influences REPEY, KEEP, EEPE, Forest school, freeflow, approaches - Montessori, Steiner, active participation, evidence-based practice

question two (2.2) explain the impact on all of the above. is it from any perspective such as parents not having to pay anymore for 15 hours aweek? More children attending because it is free and they are being educated and prepered ready for school

question 3 i think i can do this one with research

any more help would be apprecitted, as i am struggling with this. I am not seeing tutor until sept and trying to finish work during holidays.

Lynne
Unread 08-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road
Book Review

just write briefly about how each policy impacts on early years - make sure you talk about ratios - I missed that and got pulled up on it! - you could cover both part 2.1 and 2.2 as one - talk about how it impacts on early years and then how that affects parents, practitioners and the children. it might save on the workload.
Unread 08-03-2011, 11:26 AM

if you are doing it with cache the page after the LOs in the learner log gives a list of things you need to cover the ones in bold are crucial!!!
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
if you are doing it with cache the page after the LOs in the learner log gives a list of things you need to cover the ones in bold are crucial!!!
Hi Tutu
Yes i am doing it with cache so does that mean i am on the right tracks?. Think i'm confusing myself and do i still have to write about policies and ratio as the person mentioned above or do i just need to do the crucial ones?

Thankyou for your guidance i really appreciatte it, for some reason just don't get it and i am doing this work based with very little help

Lynne
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:36 PM

you have to id the current policies like ecm ecat etc BUT it also says influences and there are many for example some of my student did the eyfs, forest schools, free flow play and mentioned several theorists in each.
Unread 08-03-2011, 08:51 PM

Hi Tutu

Think i'm getting it a little bit so will have ago tomorrow and see how i get on, for some reason totally missed the policy bit.

Thankyou for your kind help i really appreciatte it.

Lynne
Unread 08-03-2011, 11:32 PM

no worries go for it!
Unread 08-04-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
you have to id the current policies like ecm ecat etc BUT it also says influences and there are many for example some of my student did the eyfs, forest schools, free flow play and mentioned several theorists in each.
Hi Tutu

i am researching policies and so far i have come across two;
  1. Safeguarding children (child protection ) which covers ECM 2004
  1. Equality of Opportunities (valuing diversity and promoting Equality) which covers The Equality Act 2010 and Childrens Act 1989 and 2004 (ECM)

am i on the right track and all i have to do is the policy and not the procedures.

Sorry to be a pain

Lynne