Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 07-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

stimmo is on a distinguished road
Default cyp 3.4. support children and young peoples health and safety

Hi
Just wondered if anybody could give me any ideas on the following-
A description of the factors to take into account when planning healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments and services - the needs of carers where releveant. It's my last question on this assignment and my brain has stopped functioning
Many Thanks x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi
When planning an activity make sure it’s the right environment for the activity for example if you were using bikes and scooters you would ensure they were used in the proper manner and with plenty of space so in my setting we would not use them indoors as there is not enough space they would be used outside. My setting also used to have people come in to teach the children in years five and six the road safety of riding bikes and worthy and they had to wear a helmet. When using the environment its important the children have the space that is required for the planned activity. When using outdoor environments make sure the plants around do not pose a threat. And also there is no dog or cat mess around the hard ground is even and rubbish is removed on a daily basis. A varied environment supports children learning and development, it gives them confidence to explore and learn in safe and secure yet challenging indoor or outdoor space. Risk assessments should be carried out for all activities and regular checks should be carried out around the setting daily. The toilet area should also be checked to make sure it is clean and has toilet paper and soap available for the children to wash their hands they would not allow any child to take part unless their bike was road. add that all children are indivdual with different needs
hope this gives you some ideas x
Unread 07-23-2011, 05:24 PM

stimmo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that chick
I'm still not sure about the factors of the needs of carers though, i just cant think how their needs are factored when planning h & s in my setting ????
Unread 07-23-2011, 05:40 PM

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi
I had this signed off with a personal discussion, it could mean if a parent or child has a disability. are there ramps? are the doors wide enough? etc
is your environment accessible to all individuals.
Lynne
Unread 12-25-2011, 05:47 PM

jessica is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am now doing this one and I have written about all the factors including:

• The individual needs, age and abilities of the children and young people
• Specific risks to individuals such as pregnancy, sensory impairments
• The function and purpose of environments and services offered
• The duty of care
• Desired outcomes for the children and young people
• Lines of responsibility and accountability.

But I don't know what to write about ' The needs of carers where relevant'. Could anyone please help me with this?
Unread 01-04-2012, 11:23 PM

Children matter is on a distinguished road

Thanks all of you good people for the information. I hope someone can benefit from my own contribution as follows:

1.1. Describing the factors to take into account when planning healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments and Services:

This is about how I plan and what I take into account when I am working with Children and Young people indoors or outdoors. It is about the risk Assessments that I make.
In my setting the following bullet points are the factors to take into account when planning healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments and services:
• The individual needs, age and abilities of the children and young people
• Specific risks to individuals such as Autism, staff-pregnancy, sensory impairments
• The function and purpose of environments and services offered
• The duty of care
• Desired outcomes for the children and young people
• Lines of responsibility and accountability.
In my setting every activity has to be planned: This means that I plan for the unexpected or unusual to happen. So my foremost plan is to be alert. Therefore, I am alert when planning an activity; making sure the location or setting of what I plan to do with the Children is the right environment for the activity for example if I was using bikes and scooters in the play area outside my house, Firstly I would ensure that the equipment; i.e. Bikes and Scooters are in safe and good working condition: Secondly; I would ensure the bikes and scooters are used in the proper manner and with plenty of space so in my setting we would not use them indoors as there is not enough space they would be used outside. I would also ensure that the main gates to the setting are closed so that no Child or young person would wonder out without my knowledge. My assistant helps me to support those children who are only still learning to learn to ride a tricycle and I have at the ready a helmet that they have to wear. When using the environment its important the children have the space required for the planned activity. When using outdoor environments I make sure the plants around do not pose a threat. Sometimes I may plan activity of going to a park so I ensure that there is no dog or cat mess around. I also ensure I go to areas of the park where the hard ground is even and rubbish is removed on a daily basis. I am aware that a varied environment supports Children and Young people’s learning and development, it gives them confidence to explore and learn in safe and secure yet challenging indoor or outdoor space. In my setting risk assessments is carried out for all activities and regular checks are carried out around the setting daily. I on a daily basis check that the toilet area is clean and has toilet paper and soap available for the children to wash their hands. In my risk assessment I also make sure that Children and Young people are individuals; each with different needs. I am a member of NCMA which provides my setting with insurance to cover for professional unexpected occurrences.
Unread 01-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Thank you all ever so much, this has helped me understand a lot more clearly

Unread 11-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

lucasshades2011 is on a distinguished road

really stuck o this mines in a table and its just confusing help !!!:@
Unread 05-11-2014, 02:50 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Topaze is on a distinguished road

I think this may help : )