Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 06-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mamovtwo is on a distinguished road
Help SOS cypop 13 - unit 27 - legislation that affects children and young people's access to education learning opportunities?

hi i'm new to here and wish i found this earlier, i,m really stuck on this unit especially

1.1 legislations that affect children and young people's acess to education and learning.

1.2 polices that have influenced access to learning opportunities for children and young people

CYPOP 13 Support children and young people to achieve their learning potential

any help or information sources would be greatly appreciated thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

PeePe is on a distinguished road

Hi, I also have this optional to do..... I have to say I am a little disappointed at the text book only covering a couple of optionals and specifically targeted at those working with under 3's.

Anyway I have written some notes on this one... and the way I'm going to approach it is to look
at legislation such as the united nations convention on rights of child, Every child matters and specific policies such as equality, inclusion, disability etc within the setting.

My tutor said the legislation and policies need to be directly linked to their education and opportunities.

I hope this helps... and if anyone has any other ideas of how to approach this one, I would also appreciate it.
Unread 06-02-2011, 04:34 PM

mamovtwo is on a distinguished road

thanks peepe much appreciated i know the book is not very helpful on the higher optional units ive really struggled with these ones will let you know if i come up with any thing else
Unread 01-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Late to this thread sorry, hoping these links will help further ..

Legislation that affects children nd young people's access to education and learning opportunities is
  • UNCRC - articles 19, 23, 24, 28 most specifically, 29 and 30.
  • Education act 2002
  • Children act .. 2004 gives rise to ECM
  • Child care act 2006
  • Apprenticieship act 2009
  • Equality act 2010
  • Disability Discrimination act
Policies that have influenced access to learning opportunities are ..

Locally - a setting's own SEN or Inclusion policy
and Equality & Diversity policy
Nationally:
Free early years places
And ecm - Every child matters

National guidance - strategy project Every child a talker - about ECaT,
ELLP early language lead professional. Chatter matters, chatterbox & babbleback initiatives, talking point website, talk to your baby resources, and Elizabeth Jarman® the entrepreneur behind the launching of Communication Friendly Spaces (CFSTM) about

Home nation frameworks:
Wales: foundation phase
Northern Ireland: foundation stage
Scotland: Pre-birth to 3 and curriculum for excellence
England: early years foundation stage

These individually assist in binging together legislation, policy & guidance to inform and influence the daily practice of a registered childcare establishment, setting out the requirements for a provider's operational policies and procedures.

Effective communication

Common assessment framework CAF - identifying needs & requesting services process involved

click to view larger

Source CWDC unit PDFs

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-25-2014, 01:50 PM

Samantha770 is on a distinguished road

Hey was also stuck on this for a long time- have this down for question 1.1
1.1 Describe the legislation that affects children and young peoples access to education and learning opportunities
• Children’s Act 2004 - Every Child Matters – Children, as well as being kept safe from harm should also be able to achieve their educational needs.

• Education Act 2006 - The act imposes various minimum standards for independent schools in areas such as health and safety and has a duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils.

• Equality Act 2010 – Allows children regardless of race, sexual orientation and disability to have access to some form of education.

• Education and Inspections Act 2006 - This Act gave schools and local authority’s responsibilities with regard to bullying. It gives responsibility for schools to encourage good behaviour and respect for others and in particular preventing all forms of bullying among pupils.

• Education and Inspections Act 2006 – This gave schools new duties. Starting in 2007 schools were given the duty to promote community cohesion, to make the transition from the community to school a safe and positive one.

Literally have NO CLUE what to write for 1.2 (1.2 Explain how policies have influenced access to learning opportunities for children and young people) Am completely stuck and only have 2 months left to finish the whole course!

Any help linking the policies to how they actually help children to have better opportunities would be REALLY appreciated as I'm literally in tears over this! Been at it for 3 hours >< :(
Unread 05-18-2017, 12:24 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Stone03 is on a distinguished road

I'm doing QCF level 3 i'm stuck on unit 11 3.2 Explain how policies have influenced access to learning opportunities for children and young people. not finding information on net