Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

cutiepie2010 is on a distinguished road
Default unit 205 help

why is it important for children to have a chance for physical play indoors and out doors?

How can you make sure that a child in a wheelchair has equal opportunity to develop physical play?

How could you help a visual impaired child to know when the ball is coming towards them while playing catch? I was thinking about using a ball with a bell inside so that the child knows when it is near them but im not sure that would work.

I am so baffled on this as I ahve so many problems going on at the min. And I ahve just found out I have had a miscarriage and everything is just getting to me so any help would really be appericated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya xx

This link is to a 2002 edition of a diploma in child care and education book, it details how important physical activity is for children and what you enable them to do - stretching, exercising, developing, discovering, expressing, learning when you provide opportunities to play physically - Importance of physical play.

UNCRC - article 31 shows how play is a right.

Where disability is involved you would assess, discuss and plan to adapt /move around/change your activities, your resources and the room/environment.

Find out from the child, parent, carers, professionals, colleagues what physical activity is being enjoyed and work together to expand on this.

Wider pathways, doorways, distances between tables, height of tables, washing & toileting facillities, door handles/locks/bells/fire alarms find out where gravelled pathways are and if they are easily used by wheeled equipment - not just wheelchairs. Where steps and stairs are and how they can be adapted to support mobility vehicles.

You are right with the bell in a ball, resources with sound assists position perception or position in space and helps to develop spatial awareness.

Visual impairement ranges from complete sight loss to blurriness caused by tiredness.

Light emiting/colour changing/bright coloured balls can help identify their position for catching/closeness.
Playing in light rather than shade may also help.
Auditory keywords can be used to guide movements and provide information on position - to throw, bounce, roll, catch, hands out, words such as close, near, ready are personal perceptions, using them will mean having good relationships with those around you so that everyone knows what you mean - my 'close may not be quite the same as your 'close
Hand on hand guidance is a possibility for the act of catching, readiness to catch.

Blind football from the BBC

Sensory ball, oball rattle search on amazon,

I hope this helps xx
the cost of ad blockers