Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Theresa1980 is on a distinguished road
General question K3s198

Hi everyone,
i have the NVQ 3 book ny Tassoni, Bulman and Beith and was windering for K3S198 The correct responses to situations involving accidents and injuries if i could just use the info in the book and just lay it is the right procedures.
Or would i be classes as copying, u would obviuosly lay it oout differently. E.g doing diagrams etc
If anybody could give me a push iun the right direction it would be much appreiciated as i dont want to do it all and then have it sent back.

Thankyou in advance
Theresa

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

WittyGem is on a distinguished road

Is it K3H198? We did a whole activity sheet on childhood illnesses, and how I would deal with them in my setting ie Primary School. What condition was, symptoms, reponse and treatment for the following:

Anaphylactic Shock, Asthma, Conjunctivitus, Croup, Diabetes, Diarrhoea, Eczema, Epliepsy, Chicken Pox, German Measles, Impetigo, Measles, Meningitis, Mumps, Scabies, Sickle Cell Crisis, Threadworm, Tonsilitis, Whooping Cough
Unread 03-10-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyGem View Post
Is it K3H198? We did a whole activity sheet on childhood illnesses, and how I would deal with them in my setting ie Primary School. What condition was, symptoms, reponse and treatment for the following:

Anaphylactic Shock, Asthma, Conjunctivitus, Croup, Diabetes, Diarrhoea, Eczema, Epliepsy, Chicken Pox, German Measles, Impetigo, Measles, Meningitis, Mumps, Scabies, Sickle Cell Crisis, Threadworm, Tonsilitis, Whooping Cough
that is question K3H199

K3S198 is the question about accidents and injuries taking iunto the account the childs age and procedures in your setting.
Unread 03-10-2011, 09:33 PM

Well I would do a reflective account if you have covered an accident in your setting or answer written question taking in your procedures in your setting. How you would keep the child calm, comfort them, if medical attention required stay with child while someone gets help. Completion of first aid form in medical or first aid area. If childs parents require to be contacted to collect child, how the child looked after safely until parent arrives.
Unread 03-10-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyGem View Post
Well I would do a reflective account if you have covered an accident in your setting or answer written question taking in your procedures in your setting. How you would keep the child calm, comfort them, if medical attention required stay with child while someone gets help. Completion of first aid form in medical or first aid area. If childs parents require to be contacted to collect child, how the child looked after safely until parent arrives.
Thanks, i have already completed a reflective account on an accident i have dealt........have you any idea on how i go out cross referencing this?
Unread 03-11-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa1980 View Post
Thanks, i have already completed a reflective account on an accident i have dealt........have you any idea on how i go out cross referencing this?
mmmmm. I am assuming you go to 302 record sheet and record where and what section the relfective account can be found