Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kirsty is on a distinguished road
Default CYPW Level 3

Hi
Is anyone else finding this course hard work. It was meant to be an update of my qualifications (I qualified as NNEB in 1991) but its more intense than I imagined. I seem to spend hours researching & not getting much down on paper. Didnt get much support from my assessors to start with but this seems to have sorted now(fingers crossed)!
Not easy working 3 days in an early years unit, having 3 kids(11,9 & 2) and having a house to run.
Would love to hear from anyone else doing this course

Kirsty

Last edited by kirsty : 02-21-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi kirsty i did my level 2 last year and just started level 3 diploma i too seem to do loads of research but dont seem to ba able to get right information i work 5 days a week and have a child im getting very disheartened.
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Mockingbird is on a distinguished road

Do you both have to do the Induction booklet and your keyskills too aswell as your diploma ?

I've just started my diploma, but at the moment seem to be constantly working on the induction booklet and key skills :-(

I also work 5 days a week and have two children.. its hard finding time to fit everything in :-(
I've shipped them off to grandparents tomorrow, just so i can have a full day without having to stop. Lol

Love Wendy.x
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:51 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

it is supposed to be hard as we have a whole cohort of practitioners trained in NVQs who learnt very little so the CWDC were very brave and said lets deal with this AND of course level 3 is A level equivalent and with the L4 gone it is designed to be academic based thank god! BUT also i dont think the CWDC envisioned people being left to get on with it by themselves the course is really supposed to be delivered in the classroom and this of course means you get loads of tutor and peer support, those companies delivering it distance learning are i think doing a lot of learners a huge disservice and of course raking in the bucks! it has also uncovered the huge lack of knowledge that assessors have! they are great at practice based work but few we have interviewed or researched have good enough theoretical knowledge in order to truly support a learner at level 3, hence the exodus, which again will eventually be a good thing.

i have counselled several people off courses till a time when they are ready and tbh is there ever a time when we are?? i had a student tell me last week she is too busy to read as she has 2 children in school and a husband to cook for......told her i was a lecturer, assessor, verifier, business owner and manager, training consultant, 3 kids, doing a masters, a husband and 2 dogs! she soon shut up. we do what we can and we should withdraw from that we cant. life is long and it will still be there BUT if you decide to continue involve your family, explain your needs to them, get work on board and plan plan plan its only a year will be over soon!
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:13 PM

hi tutu i kinda wish you were my tutor although my tutor is very good i sometimes feel as though i bother her by asking questions.
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:22 PM

My hubby is very good.. he will come home from work and put dinner in if its a night i'm working :-)
and so far both my 2 little ones have been ok. (aged 3 and 8) The 8 year old has been complaining that i haven't played with her.. So i'm having a day off of studying on wednesday and thursday and we are going out :-)
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:25 PM

enjoy your much deserved day off x
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy bob View Post
enjoy your much deserved day off x
Thankyou :-)
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:01 PM

Its good to know i'm not the only one finding it difficult!! Im fine once into it & 'on a roll' but sometimes sit hours and find out very little, then I get disheartened. The whole process has been difficult. Myself & a collegue started CCLD level 3 last may, the assessors suddenly stopped contacting us & not replying to our emails. Eventually were were contacted in october to be informed everything had changed & this was the course we now had to do (despite starting the CCLD!) We did not start until January and have been told we have until May!! (altho we have just found out we can have an extention until July, after our Head made a complaint). Im just working as much as I can when I can and hope its done asap!!

Great to hear from others.
Keep in touch
Kirsty x
Unread 02-21-2011, 06:01 PM

Im feel the same!