Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 10-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

jessica is on a distinguished road
Anyone doing the new diploma instead of NVQ Level 3?

Hi, is anybody doing the new diploma for CCLD? If so is it the same as the NVQ Level 3?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

easylife is on a distinguished road

Hi jessica, I am doing Cache Level 3 Diploma and is not the like NVQ Level 3 as I hured from my friend. We finding it more harder. Have you started your course?
Unread 10-20-2010, 10:13 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

hello jess i am teaching it! it is far far better and my guess is within 4 yrs employers will be actively trying to attract Dip holders over nvq. it is much harder and more theoretical and demands much more of the learner which is about time! much like the old nneb. very impressed so far,
Unread 10-21-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easylife View Post
Hi jessica, I am doing Cache Level 3 Diploma and is not the like NVQ Level 3 as I hured from my friend. We finding it more harder. Have you started your course?
Hi, erm no im still doing level 2 atm but hoping ti finish before xmas and then do level 3 asap as funding is very low for my age group x
Unread 10-21-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
hello jess i am teaching it! it is far far better and my guess is within 4 yrs employers will be actively trying to attract Dip holders over nvq. it is much harder and more theoretical and demands much more of the learner which is about time! much like the old nneb. very impressed so far,
Hi, is there more knowledge work to do or is it the same as the NVQ? Do you know what website I can find the details of the level 3 diploma including the units covered? Thanks x
Unread 10-21-2010, 07:34 PM

it is nothing like an nvq, they have been phased out because they didn't guarantee quality teaching or learning and seeing someone do something and having a chat with them is no guarantee of knowledge. the new diploma has 120 UCAS points it is equivalent to 2 AS levels at a to c. there are assignments reports and essays to compete along with portfolio tasks like compiling and evaluating your professional development. if you look on the cache website you can see the learners log which they have to complete. it has something like 20 assignments...now these are academic A level standard assignments not like reflective accounts, no questions and answers etc. i will put the link at the end. One of the major changes is when you are being assessed they are much more rigorous you wont be coaxed into answering a question, you will be asked something like " can you explain how you differentiated that activity to meet the needs of the age groups" and if you say i dont understand then you will be deemed as not competent and it will be dealt with next time and the next etc. the verb list on page on age 140 will be the standard you will assessed.
http://www.cache.org.uk/cacheDNN/Por...CYPWQSv4.0.pdf

because of the demands this course places on learners we have decided along with lots of other providers that learners have to have at least a l1 lit and num skill and be level 2 for at least 1 year.

i was at training yesterday which suggested they are going to make it a 2 year course so that people can get enough ucas points for uni applications the second year will be at level 4 ( full time only)

Last edited by tutu : 10-22-2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: i gave the wrong link!
Unread 10-21-2010, 08:10 PM

Woahh, the diploma does seem like very hard work but hopefully I will be fine. I have done an AS Level in Health and Social Care, do you think that will be helpful to me? Thanks for the link :) x
Unread 10-21-2010, 08:14 PM

yes! the thing people who have done nvqs are finding hard ( i have had 4 drop out already and they needed to as they need to go and do some more english etc) is the academic writing, so any experience of that is good. good luck!
Unread 10-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

easylife is on a distinguished road
Thank you

Hi Thanks tutu for the information’s and your honesty about the course. You are right, in our class some student is thinking to drop out. Hey jessica no worries, if you have done your AS on Health and Social Care is going to be easier. The link tutu posted has lots information’s about the course and the units.
@tutu we are doing 21 units, is that ok? Some colleges are doing the same course but only 9 units. Anyway always there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Take care
Unread 10-21-2010, 10:32 PM

they cannot do just 9 units. they have to meet the cache requirements UNLESS they have chosen those with very high unit points and guided learning hours. pointless though! we re doing 20 i think which will be a good mixture.