Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 10-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kate 1234 is on a distinguished road
new to nvq's doing nvq ccld level 4

hi all

i am new to nvq's as i previously did a btec national in nursery nursing a lonngggg time ago about 16 yrs ago i have two kids and i work in a nursery every day so not sure how i am going to fit this in but gonna have a go xx

any help and advice along the way will be gratefully appreciated and i hope to do the same for others as i plod along xx

so pleased i have found this forum and feels better to find other people in the same situation

my course seems slightly different to other people's or maybe it isn't i started a few weeks ago and have just been handed my first assigment think there is three in total

it covers most of 401 i'm told i am also getting observed on the 4th of november (apparently this will also help to cover things from 401 also) so lots to keep me busy at the moment

my assignment say's the following

discuss how you apply the following practices in your work place identifying them to government,inspectorate and legal requirements:

. confidentiality
. applying anti-discriminatory practice
. inclusive practise
health and safety policies including emergency procedures
. COSHH

describe the role of each professional you liaise with, giving details on how, why and when you do this, identifying good practise, values and ethical requirements consider also how you have handled a misunderstanding in this area.

discuss the ways you can ensure each team member knows their role, how you support others, promoting staff development using current legislative guidance

there we go and that's just for starts so any pointers etc would be gratefully received

many many thanks in advance

off to walk my dogs to clear the air a bit think i have beenpondering over this a bit too long lol a break will do me good

bye for now

looking forward to hearing from you all

kate xx:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

donna w is on a distinguished road

I bought a book from amazon, Children's care, learning and development, really helped me so far Donna x
Unread 10-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twiggy321 is on a distinguished road
Smile general wish you all the best and pointers

hi there kate

start on a postive your BTEC National Diploma in Early Years will be a big advantage to doing this course

i did it and completed in 2005 now finding this course very boring at present having completed 401 and half way through 402 as questions constantly repeat themselves

i dug out my BTEC stuff and found the handbook BTEC National Early Years by Yvonne nolan basically follows the layout of the knowledge questions for each unit.

402 you do need to know your policies in the setting inside out and relate to them

my assessor does manage to pass off post with personal discussions and observations but does require the knowledge questions to be answered.

I am going to see if by cross referencing i can eliminate some of 402 questions as basically the same asked in another way

i know some assessor are now setting specific questions ie if you do a essay on legislation you should be able to sign alot of as i have done

good luck anyway and keep in touch

where a happy bunch on here even if we keep banging our heads at times

glad you found us.

Maria
Unread 10-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kimmy is on a distinguished road

I started my level 4 in April this year and completed in july - it was hard work but once you get into it you do find that you begin to understand what you are doing.

I found some of the questions really confusing but i think its the way they are written or put if you see what i mean .

I brought a book that was a great help as the course handbook was just too complicated - ccld level 4 by forbes, blake and hill was much more helpful and showed you what was needed and then that helped you put down your own practice - just a little help when stuck . A lot of research and reading was needed but i enjoyed that !

And i have to say i did have a really good assessor and she put in as much time as i did even though she was very pregnant by the end of it - and told me she had no intentions of having the baby until i had finished !

Good luck to all of you and if I can help I will ....:-)

kim