Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 08-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Sophie_marie is on a distinguished road
Default PLEASE HELP asap....306.1...pc b?

Hi im really stuck and only got 5 days left...please cold anyone help me with this pc...

develop and maintain systems and procedures for risk assessments and health and safety...

i not got a clue what its on about!

thank you xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-25-2010, 10:43 PM

CocoBean is on a distinguished road

Would this not mean keeping up to date health and safety policies that are reviewed regularly, and risk assessments carried out daily on room safety, and also on every new activity that is carried out to ensure safety always comes first. Ensuring that contents of first aid box is checked on a regular basis and signed by a nominated person to prove that it had been checked. Ensuring first aiders are always up to date with their training, by haing a training planner on the wall of the office with renewal dates etc etc???
Unread 08-25-2010, 10:50 PM

Sophie_marie is on a distinguished road

your a star.... thank you!!

these pc's are so tricky to answer...they are worded wierd so they dont make sense!

thanks again x
Unread 08-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie_marie View Post
Hi im really stuck and only got 5 days left...please cold anyone help me with this pc...

develop and maintain systems and procedures for risk assessments and health and safety...

i not got a clue what its on about!

thank you xx
Hi,
For this you can use your policies and procedures, how you have developed a system (policy) and the procedure is how you implement it.

So, you will have a (or a few) health and safety policy/ies i.e your fire drill policy.

How have you developed/made/written it -
you ensure when you were drawing up the fire drill policy that all safety aspects were covered such as
the building would be evacuated of children, adults and visitors
the premises would be checked by someone to ensure it was empty
you would gather in a safe place
the emergency service would be rung etc

Your procedure would be how you implemented/went about putting the policy into practice so that everyone knows what to do and who is responsible for actions needed.

Who raises the alarm?
Who gathers the children?
Where do you gather ? (near the door or well away?)
Who checks the building?
Who rings the emergency services?
Does anyone take a mobile phone out so you can ring the emergency services?
Who collects the register if possible? - if you are able to take this, it enables you to check everyone is safe, but in a real emergency and it was dangerous to get it, then you have to consider your own safety.
Who records the details whether practice or reality?
Where are these records kept?
and so on..........

You can look at all your health and safety and go through as above i.e.

Food the health/safety and hygiene policy and the procedure you follow to ensure that noone gets food posioning etc how - trainign, handwashing, cleaning kitchen etc etc

I expect you may need to add how often you review your policies - and why you may need to alter, adapt or change anything.i.e. if you moved premises, procedures may need to be changed for a fire drill or you may start to cook lunches , so you food safety may need to be updated, training etc

I hope this helps you to start.