Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 08-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

clare1307rabbits is on a distinguished road
Smile CCLD NVQ 2 Unit 203

Hi Everyone

Am new to this site today and have found some brilliant information on here.

Was just wondering, I have been given my first two questions to do over the summer hols but am not sure how much I am supposed to produce? The first question is so vast that I could produce pages in the table that I have started.

The first question is:

Using the tables provided, show the expected pattern of development (Social, Physical, Intellectual, Communication and Emotional) for each of the following age ranges Birth - 3 years, 3 - 7 years, 7 - 12 years and 12 - 16 years. Include safety equipment and factors to be considered for each stage of a child's development.

I was told that this question requried/produced the most work so expected it to be a long one.

Also have to do another question regarding Holistic development which is fine.

I am just worried that I am producing too many pages??? My table works out about 15 pages!!!

Thanks guys

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Linz22 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS ccld 203

Hello everyone...........i am new to this as well,
My head hurts and i cant seam to think! Full on block!
I am a little stuck on the charts was wondering if you could help?
What tables are provieded? ...and How much do i have to write?
Hope your course is going ok. :)
Unread 09-15-2010, 08:56 AM

tinker.bell29 is on a distinguished road

sorry to post on here but can anyone tell me how to make a post?? as im stuck on K2P74 and really need help thanks Tinksx
Unread 09-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

mother theresa is on a distinguished road

go to forum tools at the top of the page and press it it will give u the options press post a thread and follow it from there
Unread 09-17-2010, 06:04 PM

Nanuk is on a distinguished road

When I did this section, we were told that if we wanted to do level 3 then to create a booklet as then we wouldn't have to re-do our work at a later date.

So I basically did a booklet of development 0-16, so going on your 15 pages then no it probably isn't too long.

Caroline
Unread 09-29-2010, 05:04 PM

poppit2k is on a distinguished road

my booklet is about 13 pages long so i think 15 is ok, this section is so big. i to have been told about carrying it over to my 3 so i shouldn't worry too much about size.
Unread 10-05-2010, 08:28 PM

LadyIndigo is on a distinguished road

Just been given this section to start on too (the first piece of work we've actually been given since starting).

Did some research during college time this week, and need to get started on the stages for ages birth to 3yrs.

Found some really great websites for this info so i've made a note of the links and i'll be using them for the info to create my charts.

We've been told to do this at our own pace, then move on to the next age group etc. but obviously not to drag our feet otherwise it'll go on too long.

My sister suggested I do the booklet too - she completed her 1st year diploma and did the same then, so I think for now i'll do it page by page on my laptop then once completed put it together as a booklet - it's only a case of pulling the pages together at the end of the day so no big deal.
Unread 10-05-2010, 08:31 PM

LadyIndigo is on a distinguished road

p.s. which way did you guys break down your ages?

For birth-3yrs we've been told.....
birth-1mth, 1-3mths, 3-6mths, 6-9mths, 9mth-1yr, 12-18mths, 18-24mths, 24mth-3yrs.

How did you guys break it down, particularly for the elder stages?
I feel this way it's a bit long-winded and I can see how it could go on for pages and pages.