Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 08-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

foxy123 is on a distinguished road
Default 305.2 display ideas please

305.2 Complete a display in your setting that shows positive images; how the environment has been or could be adapted to provide inclusive practice
Plan and implement activities which are differentiated to suit all ranges.

I have to have this completed and emailed photograph by Friday and I have no idea where to begin!!!Any ideas would be much appreciated!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy123 View Post
305.2 Complete a display in your setting that shows positive images; how the environment has been or could be adapted to provide inclusive practice
Plan and implement activities which are differentiated to suit all ranges.

I have to have this completed and emailed photograph by Friday and I have no idea where to begin!!!Any ideas would be much appreciated!!
Do you mean tomorrow? If so, you will have to adapt, mix and match your display, but you can get it done.

I was going to suggest that you took some digital photographs i.e. of a child doing a 36 piece puzzle, then you could just photograph a peg puzzle and say you provide that type of puzzle for younger/less abled or sen children.
You could show children helping themselves at snack time - independently washing their hands, fetching a mug, filling etc, then you could have a photograph of a child with a two handled mug and given support by an adult. You could take photographs of areas and head them up something like - ....Floors are level and doorways wide for wheelchair access.

If you have no time for photographs taken in the setting, take them off the internet or use a poster programme and do something similar above promoting what you do in your setting and how you adapt when needed. You could even have a photograph of a smiling practitioner and label it up positive understanding practitioners/key persons with up to date knowledge by way of training.

You could show how you adapt outdoor play, or take activities to children if they can't access it - sen children or children in wheelchairs may prefer to have ring ribbons as more able and older children use gymnastic ribbons to dance to music.

If it's tomorrow and not next Friday and you have no photo's and you can't find what you want off the internet, perhaps you can use magazines, do some of your own art work and put 'speech' bubbles on with the statements you want to put across. Perhaps you have all day to do it and have to get it to your assessor by tomorrow evening?

I hope this helps you to start thinking - perhaps of something better!
Unread 08-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Nina.G.H is on a distinguished road

Hi, positive images could be pictures that show diversity in the community, ie a woman doing a stereo typical male job, a disabled person joining in sports.

"how the environment has been or could be adapted to provide inclusive practice"
wheelchair ramps, hand rails in toilets, leaflets available in other languages, simple picture dictionary in another language for those who do not speak English as 1st language, or very little.
Not sure how this could be done as a display though. Do you have leaftest about your preschool in other languages that you could pin up??
Sorry not much help on the actual display!!! this might give you some ideas......

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...gLYheA0otU1lwg
Unread 08-20-2010, 12:55 PM

Its next friday :) thank you for your suggestions I figured photos would be the way forward but was not sure I was going down right track,itd be a display for our visitor room am I right?i will just be printing the photos I think x
Unread 08-23-2010, 06:11 PM

Having to work with colleagues on this one now :( we doing a display thing getting the kids to dress up and dance to indian style music etc, taking photos and displaying, then hand patterns maybe rangoli pictures etc is that the right sort of thing???didnt want to work with others they make me behind now :( I wanted it done by Friday now wont be til way next week ah team work lol
Unread 08-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy123 View Post
Having to work with colleagues on this one now :( we doing a display thing getting the kids to dress up and dance to indian style music etc, taking photos and displaying, then hand patterns maybe rangoli pictures etc is that the right sort of thing???didnt want to work with others they make me behind now :( I wanted it done by Friday now wont be til way next week ah team work lol

There's some rangoli patterns on the link below:-

http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/ran...ring-pages.htm

There will be lots of other ideas on the internet and books, but as you are working in a team, you need to all pool your ideas and decide who is going to do what and try and make it simple so that the children are involved and can do most of it independently.
Unread 08-26-2010, 06:15 PM

Thank you for the link and suggestion!It is such a hard question to get my head around lol Im ahead of everyone, done the btec national level 3 but had to drop out yet this unit Im struggling with lol why do they word it so difficultly