Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 07-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

nikkilitchfield is on a distinguished road
General question Types of conflict that might occur between colleagues - CCLD 401 K4C755

Can someone please help me

Ive got my folder back today and missed a few RA s out
Been doing it most of the afternoon with my 5 year old driving me in sane

K4C755

Types of conflict wich may occur with colleagues and how to resolve these in a constructive way

many thanks

Nikki

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twiggy321 is on a distinguished road
Default K4C755 my answer

hi nikki maria again hope this helps

K4C755 Types of conflict that may occur with colleagues and how to resolve these in a constructive way.
K4C767 Typical situation that may cause conflict with other adults, how to deal with these effectively and support colleagues who may be involved in these situations

Whether we like it or not at sometime in our working life we are are going to face various types of conflict in the workplace. Conflicts can arise and occur for different reasons and between a variety of people and situations. Whatever the case it is important that conflicts are resolved at the earliest opportunity to restore harmony in the team and indeed in the setting. This is what ensures effective communication and respect within a teamworking environment.

The most common causes of conflict in the workplace are:-
i) Breakdown in communication
ii) diffferences in personality/opinions
iii) clash of personalities
iv) promotion of colleagues
v) distorted view of roles and responsibilities
vi) team members not complying with job role and requirements
vii) unwillingness to take direction from others
viii) not being receptive to other people's thoughts and feelings
ix) bullying and harassment.

How we deal with conflict in a constructive way is important. .
People deal with conflict in a variety of ways. We need to deal with conflict in a way that makes sense of thier situation; in general, however, the collaborative effort is the way to go because it involves people working together for the common good.

Although a certain amount of conflict may be beneficial, the tension it causes can ultimately be disruptive. Therefore, it should never be ignored.

The following are some steps to help resolve conflict in the workplace.

1. Identify the issue(s). What is the real problem? Remember: Your perception of the problem may be different than your co-worker's. Communication is key.
2. Take everyone's concerns into account. Practice active listening. Repeat what the other person said for clarification.
3. Don't interrupt. Let everyone have their turn to speak and listen carefully to what is beiing said.
4. Brainstorm for possible solutions. Evaluate the options. Take a piece of paper and make two columns, one for plusses, one for minuses. List answers for each column.
5. Take a time out when needed.
6. Look internally. This is not to say that you are to blame for the conflict, but you should consider your role and the facts off what is happening or isn't happening and the possible reasons.
Unread 07-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

nikkilitchfield is on a distinguished road

Hi

Thank you so much you have helped me loads

Hopefully now i can take my daughter out tomorrow to give me some quality time with her

Thank you and take care

Nikki