Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 05-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Amanda Adams is on a distinguished road
Default 318K03- indicators/objectives you can use to evaluate play

Hi there

Another bank holiday bites the dust- don't you just love NVQ3!! Struggling to find info on indicators/objectives you can use to evaluate play provision. Any clues people?!

I'm also considering next steps. Am a Nanny and not sure of direction. Not so much careers advice for the over 35's!! Any advice well regarded - thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

You could look at it this way - what is you objective/aim of providing good quality play provision?
How do you evaluate it?
Are the children accessing/playing with what you have provided?

If you see a child/ren engrossed and enjoying resources or an activity you have provided - it's working why?
planning, following children's interest, open ended props to extend etc?
if not? why?
was it not thought through properly? where is it situated - in a cramped corner? was the activity/resource not suited to the age etc?

Think of what makes good quality provision? and the opposite is not.
Unread 05-31-2010, 01:27 PM

Thanks Heidi

I suppose it's also about reflection then also. Considering what I set out to achieve, how I would do it differently next time etc. Thanks.
Unread 05-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Adams View Post
Thanks Heidi

I suppose it's also about reflection then also. Considering what I set out to achieve, how I would do it differently next time etc. Thanks.
You're welcome.
Yes, reflection is required in everything we do.
I know some think if they have a fantastic activity, use the old adage of 'if it's not broken, don't fix it'.
I agree, but I like to think of it differently; you haven't got to change anything too drastically, but allow change to evolve to keep it fresh for everyone.
If we never reflected, we (practioners and children) would get sick of making i.e. the same cakes, or sowing the same seed year in , year out - different recipes and methods and different seeds/bulbs to grow give different learning opportunities.
This applies to everything we do in our everyday practice.
Unread 05-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

ray is on a distinguished road

my setting is actively looking for "older employees" at the moment. I,m 48 and we want more that are less likely to have the whole school girl bitching attitude lol. And one of my colleagues who is 26 says she is the youngest one on the course (she,s doing the Foundation degree). Dont write yourself off lol.
Unread 05-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Smiles, noise level - quiet, conflict, laughter, tears. Crowd control, duration of participation, child led extension of activity/play, adult enthusiasm. Flexibility and versatility of what's happening in the play/activity - objective working together/in parallel/alone..

I'm not sure if these are what you need for Lv3 sorry, but always good for indicators of engagement & interest.

It's somewhat heavy going, play england: Play indicators evaluation pdf mentions one set of indicators: The three frees:
Quote:
free of charge, where they are free to come and go and free to choose what they do while there
Free of charge can be adapted from a monetary meaning and applied as 'no cost in preschool & other settings - ie the children are not asked to give anything of themselves in order to watch or participate in play.

Peer pressure, adults requests, questioning or expectations.

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-01-2010, 11:19 AM

Hi Ray - thanks for the support. Had to volunteer at nursery to sudy for NVQ. Was deading beacuse I have worked alone for soo long. Found a fab nursery with 'older ladies' and they are all fantastic! Have to move on but will miss a very good team- no places available:( Have been told I should go for Foundation degree but it's all about finance and paying mortgage etc. Thanks x
Unread 06-01-2010, 11:21 AM

Spelling mistakes like that won't get me to far though!!
Unread 07-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

amelia fenton is on a distinguished road

Hi anyone that can help me i realy cannot understand this question Summarise the types of indicatiors and objecttives that can be used to evaluate play provision.
Unread 07-15-2015, 04:50 PM

livvy.t is on a distinguished road

Provide a summary of the types of indicators and objectives that can be used to evaluate play provision. can anyone help im totally stuck tia x