Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 11-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sarah8lou is on a distinguished road
Newbie Here

Hi everybody

I am new here, and just thought I'd say hello. I have just started my CYPW 3 in Sept, gettin gon ok, but have my first observation in 2 weeks !!!

I have found some really good stuff on here, it's great.
I'm sure I will be askingfor help and advice very soon, when things get a bit more indepth!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-01-2012, 08:50 PM

shell loves cats is on a distinguished road

im considerig doing level 3 next sept - am doin level 2, ends just before xmas (started in feb). i cant find out how to do a post on here - i need homework help and cant start a post - this site is complicated
Unread 11-01-2012, 08:55 PM

ive seen through here and google alot of level 3 questions are the same as level 2. i want to do level 3 but apparently i need min 12hours paid work - thats going to be awkward in my setting the only person with that much hours is the supervisor working about 13 1/2 hrs a week. i cant get more than about 6-7hours a week paid and only bewteen xmas and july when enough children are in. i was told by my assesosor to try elsewhere but most places are only taking on level 3 and i only have a few possible options as cant afford to travel far
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell loves cats View Post
im considerig doing level 3 next sept - am doin level 2, ends just before xmas (started in feb). i cant find out how to do a post on here - i need homework help and cant start a post - this site is complicated
hi, I am new to this, so bear with me.

If you want to start a NEW thread, go to the forum home page, find the topic you would like to post under, so maybe 'Level 3 Diploma' Click on that, and then to start a new thread with your question click on the RED CIRCLE (top left ish) that has a pencil on it, This will bring up the blank page just like you had when you replied to my post.

Hope that makes sense and helps
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
ive seen through here and google alot of level 3 questions are the same as level 2. i want to do level 3 but apparently i need min 12hours paid work - thats going to be awkward in my setting the only person with that much hours is the supervisor working about 13 1/2 hrs a week. i cant get more than about 6-7hours a week paid and only bewteen xmas and july when enough children are in. i was told by my assesosor to try elsewhere but most places are only taking on level 3 and i only have a few possible options as cant afford to travel far
Again I'm new to all this, but my understanding is that you need atleast 12 hours, as you will be carrying out many observations etc on children, and you need to have key children of your own, or be a co-key worker with someone. Apologies if you already do this.
Would your work setting let you do more hours if they were vouluntary? I know it means they are unpaid, but I had to do this untill a paid vancancy came up.
If you voulunteer, you could still keep in contact with outher settings/ job adverts if something elsewhere did come up.

Just a thought
Unread 11-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah8lou View Post
Hi everybody

I am new here, and just thought I'd say hello. I have just started my CYPW 3 in Sept, gettin gon ok, but have my first observation in 2 weeks !!!

I have found some really good stuff on here, it's great.
I'm sure I will be askingfor help and advice very soon, when things get a bit more indepth!!

Welcome to the site and best wishes with study xx

Quote:
Hi, if you take a look at this thread it'll help to show the buttons and functions to look out for: http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/show...1183#post11183

The level 2 underpins everything that the level 3 teaches so although what's being asked of you appears similar it is different :) if you're struggling with how to word things ask your tutor or assessor for a list of recommended reading, a handbook will help guide other aspects of research. Having the knowledge will help you respond to the assessment criteria using your own words - Level 2 books on amazon

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-02-2012, 07:48 PM

thanks, i figured it out eventually then didnt know how i had done it - i will write that done so i know for next time