Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 11-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Just joined and can't post ? + Make a New Thread

Hi, to any new members that have joined us :)

Level 2 support teaching & learning guide book on amazon and the level 3 TA student handbook

If you've tried to start a new thread or make a reply to someone else's question and find a pop up box appears saying you don't have permission to post .... please don't worry!!

First, once you've completed the registration process you will recieve a confirmation email at the address you gave on the registration form - You MUST click the link in that email to tell 'the forum software' that the email address you gave is a valid and active one. This email can sometimes end up in the junk or spam folder so please check to see.

All activated accounts are manually activated to try and minimise the high number of spammers that join each day.

At present this is conducted once a day sorry.

If you included a relevant reason as to how you found or discovered silkysteps forums your account will be activated, set for full participation and a welcome email will be sent.

If you entered a reply to the registration question that explained 'google /friend /internet /website /online /search engine, your account will be activated although no welcome email will be sent until after the first post or thread you make which itself will be moderated before being made public to everyone. My sincere apologies for this.

Moderation can be made quicker where paypal's 'donation made'email alerts me to a member's waiting account.

Many thanks for signing up and best wishes

Ruth
~~~~~~~~~~~
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Administrator

how to leave a post or how to leave a thread

How to Make a new Thread ..

Silkysteps has lots of forums - please take your time to wander through .. gradually you'll see a pattern appear as to how things work.

The 'Top level forums look like this:

If you have a question you'd like to post (make a new thread/topic).. click on to the forum link that best suits what your question is about ..

Then look out for this button: (the button featured here won't work)

Click it and a page will open with an 'Editor attached - type in your question, activity idea or article or news and click submit

You can check if you have the right forum at any time by reading the description box: for example this image shows it is in the Policy and Planning forum ..

Please
don't ever worry about posting in the wrong place.
Part of my job is to keep everything in places that are easy for other readers to find - If your post/thread is moved I'll usually drop a reply in and check it was ok to do so

Looking for answers already on the site: advanced search page
Quick search is located next to the bear & postbox .. above and to the right - it's a dropdown box when you 'mouse over it and can enter search keywords, reference numbers, assessment criteria, activity themes. Click search now and existing threads will be returned for you.

To keep up with replies to your questions

1. Manually, by clicking your username. Once clicked you will be taken to a profile page that has a link to 'find all threads, or find all posts' from there you can see which questions have had new entries or replies made.
2. Automatically. The forum can send email alerts to you when someone makes a reply to a thread but this requires a member to click a 'thread subscription icon'.To find this icon you must be 'in the thread you want to subscribe to.

On the tool bar click the link that says 'Thread Tools' then click 'subscribe to the thread' from there you can set notification preferences.
To manage all your thread subscriptions go to you private UserCP and click subscriptions.

__________________________________________________ _______

POST ID url:
http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11183#post11183
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Tracey Jane is on a distinguished road

need help... i', trying to write a thread, or am i being thick?
Unread 05-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey Jane View Post
need help... i', trying to write a thread, or am i being thick?
Hi, take a look back over the beginning of this thread and it will help show you what to look out for - in short, go to the front of the forum - http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/ and select/click through to the category that fits your need .. once in there on the left you'll find a button that states 'new thread' instead of 'reply' which you clicked to make your post here xx

Hth, welcome to silkysteps
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

shell loves cats is on a distinguished road

everytime i want to do a new post on here (not very often) i cant find out how to do it. can someone tell me how to start a post
Unread 01-16-2014, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Hi, the button you're looking for is this - it appears inside the forum you've entered, on the top left hand side.

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Juls25* is on a distinguished road

Hi not too sure if I am on the right track, but could do with help on the following question please.
Explain how to draw up and record a support plan which will benefit the young person and which secures a commitment from those working with them to ensure tackling anti-social behaviour and/or criminal activities.

Many thanks
Juls
Unread 06-29-2016, 10:18 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

pageyj is on a distinguished road

Ruthierhyme - can you tell me how I start a thread please?

I think I am going crazy

Last edited by Support : 06-29-2016 at 11:42 PM.
Unread 06-29-2016, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageyj View Post
Ruthierhyme - can you tell me how I start a thread please?

I think I am going crazy
Hi, I've moved your question to this thread, if you scroll up if gives instructions on what the 'new thread' button looks like.
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-16-2017, 08:40 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Angel 1212 is on a distinguished road
Default Help please totally stuck on unit 207

Really could do with any help you have to offer on unit 207 3.2 encourage children and young people to understand other people's individuality diversity and differences. 3.3 help children and young people to understand and respect other people's feelings and points of view and finally 3.5 demonstrate ways to encouraging and supporting children and young people to deal with conflict for themselves. Please please help I'm driving myself crazy with these questions. Thank you