Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > ERR & induction standards

ERR & induction standards Please use this forum to discuss workplace induction standards and employment rights and responsibilities - E.R.R. workbook

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 12-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Staff induction days - packs ?

Do you hold induction days for staff or provide induction packs .. what sort of things do you include and how successful have you found them to be ?
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

No, but this was something ofsted picked up on with us, I'm currently trying to do something- although we have a very low staff turnover (unfortunately!!!!!!) so it's not on the top of my list yet. I'll be interested in replies to this post.
xxx
Unread 12-13-2007, 11:11 PM
cybertwin

well....

all staff when they start have a whole morning paid induction, we have a pack, which i will mail across over the weekend so ruth can put it up for all to see, of drop me a message and i can mail direct,

we show them around, introduce to staff! although most know us already, health and safety, training, where everything is, explain the eyfs, obs, records sheets, etc,etc,etc,
where everything is, how to make my coffee (am fussy!!!!hehe) stuff like that, get to know them really, let them have a play and see how they do
they all have regular reviews which is all documented, again copies can be sent
dont mind sharing anything as i love seeing others bits as it helps me also!!

gotta recruit again! as 2 are moving on to full time at other places which is a shame, but it happens, we have had the same staff for about 5 years and 2 left in the summer and 2 now. but we do have 13 staff! but change is good!
Unread 05-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertwin View Post
well....

all staff when they start have a whole morning paid induction, we have a pack, which i will mail across over the weekend so ruth can put it up for all to see, of drop me a message and i can mail direct,
Hi i have been looking on the forum for your induction pack, is it on here somewhere, i cant find it, can you point me in the right direction
thanks brandy
Unread 05-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

annemarie is on a distinguished road

hi there
can i have a look at you induction pack aswell please