Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 02-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Paul1969 is on a distinguished road
Default ccld 206 music to encourage communication

I am near the end of my level 2 and i am stuck on a few tricky ones, well i find them tricky. CCLD 206.6 types of music, games etc to encourage communication.

I understand that the music and games and movement are good for the children to be creative and to sing and dance and be creative but how do they encourage communication, i don't get this one ? This is probably easy but i am having trouble.

Can anyone please offer any tips or advice,

Thanks,

Paul.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya, to sing is to communicate the lyrics, words, sounds & rhyme convey meaning.

Hand rhymes set to music look at communication through actions - which helps everyone associate with the possibility of sign language - not necessarily or only for impairement, body language & sign - to wave goodbye, to say hello, and to the utmost extreme knowing that it also includes flipping the bird

What music do you have in your setting?
Can children sing along or clap along with a tape to nursery rhymes, action rhymes - eg: I'm a little teapot?

These are all activities that support the children pronouncing, vocalising, signing new and exising words - joining them together and making sense of what it all means, interacting with others and discovering what it might mean to them.

Do you have instruments out? new words for naming the instuments help diction and vocabulary - vocabulary allows the children to have words that can be selected when they are speaking/communicating.

Music helps with expression - does a sound fit a mood, can a mood affect a sound ..
Being able to express moods through music with the ability to name moods, feelings, emotions, speeds, tempo, rhythm, beat, pitch enables effective communcation - ie children can state what they prefer, what they like, dislike, would like more of or less of, would like to listen too again or not maybe and analyse what it means to them - this can then potentially come out in conversation, movement and dance

If you can identify the times when your children have music going on - including humming you'll be able to see what communication is involved.

Whistle while you work is always a challenge lol

Hope this has helped xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Paul1969 is on a distinguished road

That is superb, thank you very much. I wasn't thinking along the lines of music as communication. This really helps. Yeah we do songs with lots of hand movements and we have tambourines and wooden blocks and xylophones etc for the children to play with.