Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 08-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Paul Smith

Starting NVQ CCLD level 2 in 8 days !

Hello everyone

My first post here
I start my NVQ CCLD Level 2 in 8 days. I have a placement at a my kid's school working in the Nursery. I've been a househusband for the last ten years and I can now finally do what I wanted to do since I left school all those years ago and work with kids. Getting a bit nervous about the course now as it is so close but that's to be expected I guess. Really looking forward to my time in Nursery though. No doubt I'll be popping up here with some questions over the next few months :laughing:

Paul

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Hi Paul,

I'm sure you will find the course enlightning, although i started as a mother first i was amazed at what i learned through doing my NVQ levels three and four. Prior to that i did Wales P.P.A. diploma in playgroup practice. The more research you do the more you will gain. Very wise starting with level two, as i know quite a few people who jumped straight in at level three and were quite out of their depth. Not something i would recommend anyone doing, you also miss out on some of the basic ground work, when jumping in at a higher level.

Good Luck with the course

You will recieve plenty of advice and help should you find that you need it

Last edited by Butterflyfllutterby : 08-31-2008 at 04:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Unread 08-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome to Silkysteps.

I too started paid work in Preschool as a mum and agree that basics of play & organisation can give a very advantageous footing - its certainly a career choice that takes a hold of you

Look forward to hearing how things go ...

Enjoy the site

Ruth
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

catcollette is on a distinguished road

Hi i was exactly the same so nervous as the last nvq i did was in business admin! good look im sure you will do great and these forums are fantastic and have helped me greatly over the last few weeks
Unread 09-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Paul Smith

Thanks for your replies would have been back sooner but having a new kitchen installed has turned into a bit of a nightmare so not had time

Still experiencing some nerves but really looking forward to starting at Nursery.
Unread 09-09-2008, 10:36 PM
michsteve

hi paul smith,
i am also starting my L2 in 2 days time and like you ive got kids and have waited until they were both in full time education, i am also very nervous, not sure what to expect
Unread 09-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Paul Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsteve View Post
hi paul smith,
i am also starting my L2 in 2 days time and like you ive got kids and have waited until they were both in full time education, i am also very nervous, not sure what to expect
Hi michsteve

You wasn't the only one who was nervous I was petrified the night before, but the induction went well and I'm a little bit more relaxed about the course now. Just a little though
I started my placement this week and had a really enjoyable two days. The kids all seemed to take to me really well and I think I was able to contribute something to the classroom. I think the first week or so will be a settling in period as we get newer kids into the class, and I'm finding my feet. One thing that I am trying to get my head around is presenting my evidence in my portfolio but when I met my assessor that will become clearer.
Unread 10-30-2008, 04:08 PM
lee37

hows it going i am doing ccld level 2 on unit 203 at the moment and think i am going to go mad lol
Unread 10-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Paul Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee37 View Post
hows it going i am doing ccld level 2 on unit 203 at the moment and think i am going to go mad lol

It's going fine thanks I'm really enjoying my placement so much. Not so much the course work though It is so hard to find time for it all, what with having two boys of my own and still being a househusband Think I am up to date though and I now actually knnow who my assessor is and have my first meeting next week !

Just read through 204 and I will try and look at 203 next I think ! 204 is my next lesson so I'll read through that again as well I think.
Unread 10-30-2008, 08:49 PM
nikkicohen

hi lee im just doing 203 my tutor started us on this cause she said its the hardest unit. but so far im finding i quite easy. a lot of the unit in the knowledge section can be done by your assor observing you. and in the pc's alot of the things you may not be able to do so reflective accounts. for 203 we have been told we have to do 4 observations. 1 group ob( lang & communication) - narrative ,1 individual ( physical dev) tick chart and 1 individual ( intellectual dev) tracking ob. done correctly this can sign off most of 203 . also. if you get stuck let me no. hope this helps