Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 02-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Laura30_03

Help SOS legal requirements: K3C155, K3M156, K3D157 unit 301

Hello am new to this site but have found it so helpful so far!! Basically there are a few points I am unsure about in the knowledge section of unit 301. The first ones are about legal requirements: K3C155, K3M156 K3D157.
The only legal requirements I can see is the Children’s Act 1989.…is this correct for these answers?? Or does it mean policies and procedures (are these actual law?)
The other point are K3D178: strategies you can use to challenge and deal with different types of behaviour which are consistent with your organisations policies…. I have already discussed our behaviour policy in another point, so is this all that’s required for this question, just an explanation of how we deal with behaviour???
Would be extremely grateful if anyone knows the answers as I have been trying to research it for hours and just don’t seem to be getting anywhere!!! Many thanks

Just thought of one more little thing: K3D162: what is meant by appropriate and inappropriate behaviour when interacting with children… does this mean our behaviour in how we treat them or the types of behaviour that we expect from them??

Sorry I know its being a bit cheeky for asking so many answers but I really would be grateful!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi Laura, a warm welcome to Silkysteps.

Not cheeky & not answers the information provided by members will be written up in your own words based on your own experiences & working environment !!

Legal requirements will include things like Data protection, registration and how to comply with it. Things like CRB - Criminal Records Bureau checks are in place - Safe recruitment page from Standards.dcsf.gov.uk/EYFS ....

and the beginning of the Full 'Meeting the Welfare requirements'

The Confidentiality act and details of Signed Confidentiality agreements as part & parcel of a Jobs contract. Disability Discrimination act.

A lot of a groups policies and procedures are built on & around these acts.

For businesses that are discussing ideas & projects that they'd only want a trusted party to know about, will sometimes ask for a confidentiality agreement to be signed which is called an NDA - Non Disclosure Agreement ... but that's probably too much 'way off track information lol

The Children's act is good underpinning .. not entirely sure how deep a knowledge is needed. The act and other documents can be downloaded from this page of Every Child Matters publications.

The strategies are how you deal with behaviour and noting what different ways/techniques your group has in dealing with varying situations.

The last point unit 301 PDF reads that it's how we interact with the children and is an adult's appropriate & inappropriate behaviour.

Probably missed loads, we have lots of fab members on here who I'm sure will be along to help out .. good luck & let us know how it goes
the cost of ad blockers

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 08-04-2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: *For administation purposes the CWDC unit pdf link has been amended.
Unread 02-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Laura30_03

thank u so much that has helped me lots!!! il definatly be a regular on this website and hopefully help other people as i have already completed 303.
thanks again!! Laura
Unread 02-19-2008, 05:16 PM
littleyorky

Biggrin unit 301

hi,
unit 301. don't forget to mention the UN convention on the rights of the child and the human rights act 1998.
k3d162 mention "a code of conduct for teachers and other employees working with young people"(revised 2002), child protection training provided by school, parents permission for *** education.(if applicable).
k3d178 strategies- discipline the behavior not the child, remind them what is expected, give child time to explain negitive behaviour, what reward system do you have for positive behaviour, what are the consequences of negitive behaviour( red card?,lose playtime) asd children- need to think what the triggers of behaviour are. do you have a quiet area to allow asd children to calm down, have own space, reflect on their behaviour.
hope this helps a little.
good luck. i might need your help soon with 303

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 06-10-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Added link
Unread 02-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Laura30_03

hi there!!! thankyou for your help, has made me understand much more about the questions..i think sometimes the way they write things just makes it confusing to understand what it is they are actually looking for, maybe thats just me!!

id be happy to help if i can on 303, have completed it and should be getting it signed off tomorrow...thanks ones again
Unread 02-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

You're right, they are written in such a way that gives complete freedom, flexibility & scope, it's easy for the reader to lose their direction!

RCMP have an excellent downloadable poster available:
UN convention on the Rights of the Child
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-26-2009, 03:56 PM
carolinebaby-xx

help with nvq work in different units!

i found that there are some good publications that youcan order for free that help with differnt unitsand differnt part of work i willleave teh site and the reference numbers for allsoyou can get them if you need them. This hashelpedme to answer k3d178 too thanks alot

the site is :www.teachernet.gov.uk/publications

the reference numbers for the help is:

00840-2008FLR-EN THIS IS GREAT FOR ALL UNITS
00682-2007BKT-EN THIS IS GREAT FOR 303
00215-2008BKT-EN THIS IS GREAT FOR 305
00669-2008BKT-EN THIS IS GREAT FOR ALL UNITS
00261-2008PCK-EN THIS IS BRILLIANT FOR ALLPLANNING QUESTIONS AND OTHERS THROUGHOUT THE NVQ WORK.
DCSF-00255-2009 I ADDED THIS IN MY NVQ UNDER D/E AND IT ANSWERED QUESTION K3H190 AND ANY ON FIRST AID FOR 302.

hope these help you out

xox-caroliine-xox

Last edited by carolinebaby-xx : 05-26-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: added a bit
Unread 11-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

xxclairexx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthierhyme View Post
You're right, they are written in such a way that gives complete freedom, flexibility & scope, it's easy for the reader to lose their direction!

RCMP have an excellent downloadable poster available:
UN convention on the Rights of the Child
yes they sure do write the questions in a way that can get you distracted. i always try to put more than what is expected so i cover not jus the question but i cover everything else aswell.

i always get told my work is good. as by doing this i can get other things signed off aswell
Unread 01-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

ord is on a distinguished road

hi i am new to silkysteps this will be my first post how do i cross reference it's al a bit confusing to me if anyone can help thanks
Unread 01-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

jodiejackson1991 is on a distinguished road

can someone help me with the question k3d157 "a young person in your setting has cerebral palsy and speech delay. research and detail the legislation that ensures their needs and rights are met". what sort of legislation do i need?