Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 01-27-2015, 10:20 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Amanda_97 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Been offered a new job. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!

Before I say anything, I owe this website so much for helping me during my level 3 course! I love silky steps!

I'm currently 17 years old and have just passed my level 3 childcare. I'm at a lovely nursery at the minute but I am miserable due to a few different issues (not the children!) I have been there for fourteen months and have just passed my SVQ with them.

One of the parents which I babysat for ( which also goes to the nursery I work at!) has offered me to look after their child full time. He is almost 14 months. This is something I really want to do but have no idea how to go about it and want some advice from people who know what they are on about. Hours and pay have been discussed and that's all sorted... I'm just not so sure how registering works and so on.

The job is in the child's home and consists of a 50 hour week. As I said, I've just passed level 3 in childcare and development, I'm SSSC registered along with a PVG check. I also have a first aid, food hygiene and child protection certificate.

A point in the right direction would be ever so useful. Keeping in mind, I'm in Scotland and everything different up here! I have looked into other courses and so on but what I need to know is, what do I have to get and/or be registered with to make it all work?

It is something I need to get sorted out as I'm so miserable in my current situation and I don't think I can hack it much longer. :(

Thanks for reading!

-----------------------------------------