Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 04-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

KerryJSullie is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 407

Hi I am new to this site and I am finding it really really useful, but can someone please help with unit 407 and resources for the setting as a whole which would include staff, policies, and toys.
Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryJSullie View Post
Hi I am new to this site and I am finding it really really useful, but can someone please help with unit 407 and resources for the setting as a whole which would include staff, policies, and toys.
Thanks
Hi, I have just completed this unit but haven't had it marked yet. Is there a specific question that you need help with? Are you going through the knowledge question or do you have to do it in essay format?
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:08 AM

Thanks for getting back to me. I had my assessor round yesterday and it is to cover the knowledge evidance questions on 407 and others. She said to put together a short statement on how to resource the setting, including the above.
Unread 04-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome to Silkysteps

That's a challenging request lol We have a few downloads here that can help pin point and idenify needs when looking to initially resource an early Years setting:

Operational Plan
Staff & self appraisals
Personal development and Reflective analysis
Planning Programme
How I comply with the standards
Starting a nursery also contains good first steps knowledge
BCMA - Bromley childminding association has excellent list of policies and procedures to adapt & implement.
Toy list could be huge but a balanced selection to cover all the six areas of learning should be in place to build on

Risk assessment, Record planning system, EYFS, getting to know Ofsted and local EY's team are also first ports of call !!

hth, do you currently work in a setting ?

Enjoy the site ..
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-29-2008, 02:32 PM

Thanks thats a really big help. I may be getting back to you soon. And yes I do working in a preschool which has been running for 20 years so it is well established. I am 8 months into my Level 4 and should be finished by the summer, hopefully but I am really enjoying it.

Last edited by KerryJSullie : 04-29-2008 at 03:53 PM.