Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 08-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Jadey is on a distinguished road
Somebody please help!!

Hi, Im about a quarter of the way through lvl 3 and have come to the point where i dont think i can carry on. I am so confused and need some help to understand ECM, welfare requirements and the four themes of the EYFS. Basically i just need some help linking them together and understanding what each are there for and who uses them. Hopefully i dont confuse everybody else too!

I know that the every child matters outcomes are
-Be healthy
-Stay safe
-Enjoy and acheive
-Make a positive contribution
-Acheive economic well-being
Who uses this and are they just something that OFSTED uses when inspect settings??? and is it part of the EYFS or seperate??

Then theres the welfare requirments
-Suitable people
-Documentation
-Organisation
-Suitable premises, environment and equiptment
-Safeguarding and promoting childrens welfare
I have hardly ever seen these before and cant see how they link in!!

How do these link into the four themes of the EYFS?? I just cant seem to peice it altogether and im so confused??

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-06-2011, 02:11 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

the ecm is a government agenda it is clearly spelt out and EVERYBODY who work with ANY children needs to use it! you need to read it.

these are all in the eyfs cleary you need to spend some time reading and digesting these 2 major pieces of policy and legislation!
Unread 08-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mama-bear is on a distinguished road

hello

If you have an EYFS pack your life will be much simpler if not try and order on or get one from your nursery. the welfare requirements are set out in there for example suitable people is legislation on people having to have crb checks ect and about ratios.
Basically the ecm outcomes are in place to make sure that every child has the best start in life and are given the best opportunities to achieve.

Be healthy
-Stay safe
-Enjoy and acheive
-Make a positive contribution
-Acheive economic well-being

there are the things that your nursery will have in place to ensure these take place for example

Be healthy- healthy menus, ensuring children spend 50% of the day outside as stated in the eyfs
-Stay safe - sleeping children checked evey ten min, nappy charts, medicine policy
-Enjoy and acheive - through having planning and learning journeys
-Make a positive contribution - encouraging children to think about environment
-Acheive economic well-being - ensure children reach there full potential.

Dont know if thats helpful but i hope it is
Unread 08-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi Jadey

Here is the link to download the complete EYFS pack this has the statutory and the guidance and the cards and poster. this will help you to interlink everything.

https://www.education.gov.uk/publica...CSF-00261-2008

scroll down to the bottom and click on with of the EYFS you require.

Hope it helps.

What is the unit and criteria number that your having problems with, this may help us to help you.

Lynne
Unread 08-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Jadey is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone. The unit im currently working on is CYP3.7 - Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people.

The question was 2.1- Identify the positive outcomes for children and young people that practitioners are striving to acheive.
I have now answered the question but was still confused as to how it all links in together and was just asking so i can kind of peice it altogether as it was just confusing me. Thanks for your help! I'll definately download the EYFS pack, i have one in my nursery but if i have my own to work from it may help me to understand it all better.
Unread 08-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi jadey

yeah it definately does help to have a pack at home but unfortunately due to new changes that will be affecting the EYFS these are only available to download when the new EYFS comes out you can hopefully order them online like before get in quick and order a personal copy. It would be good if when this is available if the first person to know this could start a thread we would all know and order a set. when i find out i will certainly start a new thread

If you need anyhelp then don't hesitate to ask i am currently working on EYMP 5 so if i can help in anyway, this is what silkysteps is all about helping each other when we need it.

Lynne