Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > OFSTED

OFSTED Discuss everything related to Ofsted in here ..

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 07-31-2007, 10:36 PM
Nickynoodles23

Default They arrived today

Well at 9.40 this morning we had the knock on the door... She spent a while observing, then looked at all paper work, then observed some more, then read our policies. Luckly she doesn't need to come back tomorrow and gave us brilliant feedback today. We got a good in every aspect which we are over the moon with. Luckly i have a great team behind me and everything we really well. i've just finished a bottle of wine and off to bed lol

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Fantastic news & well done .. next to tell all your parents
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-01-2007, 07:53 AM
Nickynoodles23

Thanks, we will start telling parents today..
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

Huge congrats Nicky
It's a great feeling when you realise everything you do is good
Make sure you tell your local paper the news too
Air
x
Unread 08-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

janice is on a distinguished road

Well done to you all!

You might have a great team behind you, but to get that result they also have a good person leading them! So sit back, relax and congratulate yourself on a job well done!

Enjoy the rest of the summer
Unread 08-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Nickynoodles23

Thanks everyone, but i'm not feeling to happy now. We're based in a leasure centre and not one manager has said well done or thanks for your hard work. I've only been working there for 8 months, and had to re start the whole setting due to ofsted shutting them down before i was taken on. and the ofsted report thr time before they got shut down wasn't very good. I just don't know how to feel... I don't know if i'm just being selfish but feel ive put in so much and no one cares.
Unread 08-02-2007, 09:03 AM

cabin is on a distinguished road

I know just how you feel!!! We got a really good report - even to the point the only reason we didn't get outstanding was beyond our control. Owner very happy ~~~ BUT our local early years team sent us a 'snotty' letter asking where our action plan was the the one thing she picked up on ~~ even though if you read the actual report the inspector had picked up on the fact we had acknowleged the issue!!!!
A little 'well done' forn the EYAT wouldn't have gone amiss, and it was obvisous from the letter that they hadn'd bothered to read the whole report - just the recommendations!!!
xxx
Unread 08-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

This make me so cross, those on the 'outside rarely seem to appreciate the effort that goes into achieving this result.

To let them know on a more casual basis what it means, could you head your newsletter or communication method ~ Recent OFSTED inspection - GOOD ~ and then go into a few 'this means your child recieves lots of varied activities as we monitor their individual development' type statements ?.. you could also mention to the Centre's staff how great it is to be part of the Comapany & be able to build on the Business reputation that they have!!

You're providing them with a fab service so Huge Hugs for your achievement from here
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-03-2007, 04:48 PM

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Congratulations - hope some of your good rubs off on me for next week!!

Sarahx