Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 08-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi Mags,
i was working with nursery children, reception class children and year 1 children so that must be why i havent had that question will have a look to see if i can find anything two heads is better than one so they say lol will let you know if i find anything x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-14-2011, 06:31 PM

hi Mags,
just had a thought will it be that all children are to be given the same curriculum and that it should be adapted to suit the needs of the indivdual child such as when i work in year 1 i work 1:1 with a child offering support and the lesson is adapted for her needs with my support it enables her to still take part. the teachers have to plan for all children weather higher ability, middle ability or lower ability or children with special needs and iclusion support will visit to see everything is in place for the child
just a thought x
Unread 08-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Mags is on a distinguished road

Thanks Wendy! That's really kind of you!

I found some information in my setting's policies about inclusion, etc, and what you have said makes part of the question actually seem like it makes a bit of sense now! The only thing not making much sense is the safeguarding bit in response to LDSS... Isn't safeguarding the same for everyone anyway?

As for the question about effective practice informing and driving the legislative framework for work with children and young people, it's still not sinking in. I'm sure this is the worst unit I've come across yet - I'm really not a fan of the way it's worded at all!

Thank you for being so helpful! x
Unread 08-14-2011, 06:54 PM

hi again
found another website that looks good
curriculum.qcda.gov.uk
have you done the safeguarding unit yet if so you could cross reference it and i dont mind helping i completed mine a month ago with help from silkysteps members x
Unread 08-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Mags is on a distinguished road

Thank you! I'll have a look at that now!
I completed the safeguarding unit just before the holidays and had it signed off. The only thing I haven't done is cross reference anything... Nobody's spoken to us about cross referencing either so not sure how to go about that! But I wrote loads on safeguarding so it would save me a lot of time! x
Unread 08-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Phoenix is on a distinguished road

I'm totally stuck on this too! I don't even know where to begin or how to start it off!! *Cries*
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Nikkillaaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags View Post
LDSSMP3 2.1 Explain the impact of current legislation, policies and influences on LDSS.

I thought I had it, then I spoke to my tutor and was informed I was way off as I had gone down the EYFS route. It needs to be national curriculum legislation for me and I have to think about children with special needs, safeguarding, disabilities, etc.

Well, I've been thinking for a couple of weeks now and still have no clue where to get started. Y'know when you get a question that everyone else finds easy and you sit there going "erm...??" for ages? That's me with this question!

If anyone could offer me a bit of advice to get me going on this I would be SO greatful.

Thanks!
Heyy there I have just seen this and was wondering where you went in regards to the EYFS as I have the question '1.5 - Evaluate the ways in which own practice has been influenced bu current legislation and positive principles and values' and my tutor said to touch on the EYFS ... was just wondering what you had could help me at all as I have been staring at the same question on my laptop for the last two hours :(!!!

And now my back is hurting for freezing lol!!!

Thank you x
Unread 06-19-2019, 10:10 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Fostermp is on a distinguished road

1.1 Explain the purposes of learning, development and support services

1.2 Explain the roles and responsibilities of those working within learning, development and support services

Hello I’m struggling with this one can anyone help please