Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > PSE Wellbeing Health Safeguarding

PSE Wellbeing Health Safeguarding All matters relating to Personal, Social & Emotional issues, safeguarding and protecting, behaviour, illness, inclusion.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 06-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road
Default Complex Tics Movement Disorder

hello,
I have a child who has just started at the afterschool club where i am deputy supervisor with 'Complex Tics Movement Disorder' he only has a mild form, but im not really sure what it is, or how to deal with it. i know he can go into a trance but not sure wht else. any information would be greatly appreciated. Farleys

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-28-2007, 04:27 PM
noah

not heard of this but i always use parents for advice like this..they know the child best and will usually help with anything you need to know.
Unread 06-28-2007, 09:33 PM

hi, parents have just accepted it as part of his life. They have just said he is difficult but given us no more information. i phoned my doctor today and he has told me a bit about the condition and where to go for more help, so wish me luck!!!
Unread 06-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

That's great news . what sort of things did he suggest ?

Wishing you lots of luck
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-05-2007, 09:08 PM

he suggested i talk to the school and ask for strategies that they use, find out his particular interests so we always have an activity out that he will enjoy and told me to look at tourettes syndrome as they are very similar disorders, just instead of verbal it is jerky movements