Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 10-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sharon ashenden is on a distinguished road
Default Describe the communication and language needs of individuals

Hi everyone could anyone help me with these questions need to get work handed in next week.

Describe using examples how you
Establish the communication and language needs of the individuals using your setting.
Respond to individuals reactions when communicating.
Overcome any barriers experienced.
Clarified misunderstanding.

Also i need to write a report on the dilemma between the rights and choices of children and health and safety requirements and the importance of having balanced approach to risk management.

I know two seperate units but my really struggling to answer these have put them off for so long but now just need to finish.
Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon ashenden View Post
Hi everyone could anyone help me with these questions need to get work handed in next week.

Describe using examples how you
Establish the communication and language needs of the individuals using your setting.
you say here 'how do you establish CLL needs in your setting?' - do you work in a setting or are you just college based?
If you work in a setting what do you do? -
if you are not sure ask your manager. Every setting will be different because the children you have will be different - are all the children in your setting able to speak English?
or are there any children with 'eal', do you have any children that are deaf/glue ear, blind special needs, use British sign language or makaton? Are there children who are timid/emotionally younger than their age and find it difficult to communicate etc?
That's why you need to talk about your practice - how do you communicate with the children in your setting.

Respond to individuals reactions when communicating.

Simply write of what you do if a child communicates/talks to you i.e. they may ask a question - using you as a source of imformation, they may ask a question for their needs i.e help with going to the toilet, they may be feeling sad - do you answer/listen/respond etc - depending on what sort of communication is coming your way and in what manner/body language/intonation etc do you display?

Overcome any barriers experienced. What about young children who cannot speak, or you cannot understand their attempt to speak, different language/cultural meanings etc
Clarified misunderstanding. - In what situations might you minunderstand a child - some of the above should help.

Also i need to write a report on the dilemma between the rights and choices of children and health and safety requirements and the importance of having balanced approach to risk management.

Young children don't always know what is best or safe for them - so you are the adult making sure that their rights are considered - but not jepodise their safety. if you had a six year old son who regularly climbed your fifteen foot tree in your back garden, you may tell him to be careful, keep an eye on him, but allow him to explore and have some risk. If you took him to a park would you allow him to climb a 40ft tree because he appears to be a good climber? There's not much of a dilemmia there in an adult's mind, is there?, but you have to explain to a child they can't always exercise their own rights. Now apply it to something you have practised in your setting.

I know two seperate units but my really struggling to answer these have put them off for so long but now just need to finish.
Thanks
Break everything up, try and picture your setting or work experience in your head and visualise a session as it may help you realise that you are doing this every time you go to work with children.

'They' don't want you to lift your answers from books but to read the theory, explain it in your own words, then write of how you practice it in your setting so they can see you really understand what you've just written. Ask your supervisor/teacher or manager and they should be able to help you with the setting's practice or look through your policy and procedures.

I hope this helps get you started.
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi

what unit and criteria numbers are these?
my folder is with tutor being IV'd so can't find the questions that you need help with, i have the work saved on computer in units.

Lynne