Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 07-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Saying 'Thankyou'

Do you have any problems with children saying Please and Thank You?

Sometimes I have to prompt mine .. and occassionaly have to ask for 'The Magic Word' .. but as a whole are pretty good!
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Muggy

Default 'please And Thankyou' Song

We normally sing this song at snacktime if they forget to say their pleases and thankyous! (Any other time, like you say Ruthierhyme, ask for the magic word!)

To the tune of Frere Jaques:

"Please and thankyou, please and thankyou,
We must say, we must say,
When we ask for something, when we ask for something,
Every day, every day!"
Unread 07-12-2006, 07:05 AM
cybertwin

i think they are "forgetting " more and more. we have to prompt so many at snack time these days it is not good
it dosent seem to be"automatic" with any children and more
Unread 07-12-2006, 12:00 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road

It's one thing I absolutely insist on with my 2, yes I do have to remind the eldest, but not very often (for now!!). I'm finding myself giving the (almost) 2 year old treats just to here "Peas, Mammeee"
Unread 07-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

joshie is on a distinguished road

i use 'the magic word' line to remind children of their manners, i encourage at all times but don't bombard them with 'you must use manners' etc, after all how many times do adults forget to use their manners? :)
Unread 07-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Patsy

I had left my job and gone overseas.when i came back I took the 2 youngest charges out for the day.whilst driving round the narrow country Cumbrian roads,one asked me if Id buy them some ice cream,the other wanted some sweets.Age 3 and 5.I asked what the majic word was and the youngest who was only a year old when I left said abrica dabra silly nannie.Avoiding going up the bank and not crying with laughter,we got to the shops and two spoilt children later present,sweets and ice cream.They deserved it.what do they say about out of the mouths of babes etc.
Unread 07-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road

Well my charge on a thursday is the most polite child ever around!always says thank you and please,never leaves the table without asking.He is also the most gorgeous child around to look after!
Unread 07-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Patsy

tut,tut miss Chloe.what about your grandchild????????Go to the bottom of the class.
Unread 07-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default merci

Patsy,he is the most gorgeous child but as yet a little young for manners!:rotfl:
Now in France,the rain pouring down but a glass of vino soons cheers me up!
Unread 10-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Smartypants

That really bugs me when the children don’t say "please & thank you"
When I get new children, they soon learn to say there pleases & thanks believe me lol :rotfl:
If they don’t It say" Can’t hear you" still can hear you..!! Then they soon click what im waiting for
The children I have had for a while know when I just give them that look lol...........
Manners have just gone out the window these days!!!

AND another thing that gets me is "WHY DO ALL CHILDREN SHOUT" when they talk . I say " Im standing next to you NOT IN THE GARDEN..!!!!
They soon get the hang of talking in a nice pleasant tone. lol

THANKS I FEEL BETTER NOW!!!!!!!!

Kate