Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 04-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Nickynoodles23

Default Risk assessment

Does anyone have a copy of thire risk assessment i could look at? Cheers Nic

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Argh .. I've hunted everywhere for mine & can't find it.
This is is a quick over view of what it looked like ..

RISK ASSESSMENT FORM - template

Each table is a separate 'Area'
That was basically so that anyone doing a risk assesment or updating them could 'walk the entire course & mark things down more easily !

Some of the areas we had included ..

The Playroom
Storage Cupboard (was big !! )
The Kitchen
Corridors & Hallway
Outside area (inc) Car park & Playing Field

We usually did it in pairs .. 2 heads are always better with a yearly revision date.

Ooh and we included some pretty 'extreme risks .. lol .. just to show we were aware of them :wink:

hth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Nickynoodles23

hi thanks, you would have one for outings would you? sorry i'm being cheeky now!!
Unread 04-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Not cheeky at all this is a scary one though !!

It's also not one we ever used whilst I was working, so it'll need tweaking for your own use depending how much information you think your group needs to collect.

tbh .. looking at this & how far we are supposed to go to cover ourselves it's no wonder outings don't happen very often & this version is probably missing bits !!!!

I guess nominating someone who'd enjoy filling in & finding out everything is the ideal solution !!

Meant to add, for the annual risk assessment above, I think some assessments include what individual groups of people are at risk .. eg. Staff or the Children, Parents or everyone .. but I'm not sure if that's more for larger departmental companies or Preschools ??

Anyway, here's this one .. Outings Risk Assessment ~ Basic template
Marry up the details in there to what's in your Lost child/outings & other policies & procedures!

RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents ) have a good read for general considerations for outings/trips ~ RoSPA School trips

If anyone else has something different in their risk assessments or this should have something else in it .. Please post & let us know
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Nickynoodles23

Thanks thats just what i was looking for. I'll be able to change bits to fit my setting. We dont ever take the kids off site, but as it's sure a big site we need to cross roads etc.. to get to some places. Thank you xx
Unread 08-15-2008, 01:06 PM
ghindley

Crossfingers Gemma AES

Hi,

Could any one help me please, i'm new to this site and are looking for any information on staff observation. we are in the process of carrying them out from january as part of our college aim. as we are not a nursery and work in different setting across the city we are unable to carry out staff supervisions on all our pool of childcare support workers.

any information would be a real help to me!!

Thank you
Unread 10-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Jennie

if you look at blithfield website theres a risk assessment form on there
Unread 10-07-2008, 07:39 PM
powell

we do learning diaries and do all obs on sticky labels then stick in learning diaries and write in next steps split diaries into pse ,cll,k and u ,cd and pd and put obs in right sections ofsted thought they were great put in photos as well