Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 08-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Mouseykins is on a distinguished road
General question The new Diploma - Unit 052. Help!

================================================== =
Find support with this and other criteria from unit SHC 31 here
================================================== =

Hi! I'm totally new to this. I'm doing the new CYPW diploma level 3. I've had no help from my tutor so far. In fact I haven't even met her!

I'm working through unit 052 first, which is Engage in Personal Development.

Is there anybody else on here doing this new qualification?

I'm struggling with this:

Explain expectations of own job role as expressed in relevant standards.

I have no real idea what it means. What are the relevant standards? I guess it means the Childcare Act etc. But I don't really know what that means in relation to this question. Can anybody help?

The other thing I don't understand is the bits that start with 'demonstrate'. For example, in unit 051 (communication) it says:

Demonstrate how to establish the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individual.

Does this mean that my tutor needs to witness me doing this? Because If I have to rely on her to come and spend time witnessing me do all of these things I don't think I'll ever finish! She is about as useful as a kick in the shins, to be honest. Are there other ways to 'demonstrate'? For example, can my room leader/supervisor witness these things and write them down? Can I write accounts of when I have done these things? Does that count as evidence?

Sorry for all of the questions! I'm a complete newbie to this. Everybody I work with did the old NVQ, and they don't seem to know what I'm on about. And with my tutor being almost impossible to contact, I have no idea who to ask!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Mouse.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Jadey is on a distinguished road

Hi, i am also doing CYPW level 3 and have done about 5 units so far. Most of the people i work with have never heard of this either so i also find it difficult sometimes finding help but this website really helps. Also i would suggest getting the book 'children and young peoples workforce' by Penny Tassoni if you havnt already done so as this really helps and gives you alot of information.

I havnt actually done unit 052 yet but i know that when it says 'demonstrate' i was told by my tutor that it basically means explain.

Good luck x
Unread 08-30-2011, 09:53 PM

Thanks for your reply! I already have that book. It's brilliant! Although I did spill a cup of tea on it today. Woops.
So for the 'demonstrate' bits you just do a written piece and that's ok? That's brilliant! Because my tutor hasn't been any help, I was terrified that if I really had to demonstrate all of those things to her I'd be here forever. I'm trying to fast track my course. Been doing it a month, and pretty sure I have almost completed 051 and 052.
What units have you completed?
Thanks for your help!
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:00 PM

Yeah thats fine, my tutor just said to demonstate i have to basically expain for example what i would do in that situation.
Ive already finished 022, 024, 028, 030, 064, 065, 054 (just had another two signed off) and currently working on 027 which is a health and safety unit. If you need any help with any of these let me know, its a lonnng process! x
Unread 09-02-2011, 06:36 AM

Thanks for all your help!
Sounds like you've got through quite a bit of it already. I think I've done 052, 053 and 028 already, but I can't really be sure because I can't contact my tutor. She came to see me this week, and promised to email me a load of information I asked for. Then she said she would email me some feedback from the work I've already done. She hasn't done any of it. I only started this less than a month ago, and I have already totally lost faith in her. She's really holding me back! What's your tutor like?
Unread 09-02-2011, 05:49 PM

Well im using a programme called e learning which means all of my work is computer based and we communicate through and send work through that. She still comes to see me every 10 weeks but whenever i send her a message she is always on annual leave so to be honest shes not that much help either. I wouldnt really call her a tutor as she doesnt actually help me she just sends me the work and i have to get on with it.
Unread 09-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Miss-Anonymous is on a distinguished road

Hi.. I am also doing my Level 3 diploma, and currently a little bit stuck on Unit 052. Similar to you, my tutor isnt great help either. So i dont ever rely on her and usually get my work done without her, i only give it to her once i have completed it. I need help on Unit 052 Outcome 5 Assessment Criteria 1 (unit 052.5 AC1)= Evaluate how learning activities have affected practice. If anyone can help me get started on this, i would be very greatful.
Unread 09-03-2011, 08:01 PM

Jadey - I'm using one file, which sounds very similar. I upload my work, then she is supposed to mark it and send me some more. But usually she doesn't even reply. So I've just been getting on with it by myself too.

Miss-Anonymous - I'v done that bit. I joined it with 2.2-Demonstrate the ability to reflect on practice. I wrote a reflective account about an activity I did with a child, explaining what went wrong and why. That covered 2.2. Then for 5.1 I did the same activity again, but using what I'd learnt about why the activity went wrong the first time to do it better this way around, and wrote another reflective account about that one too. Then I just wrote a few sentences saying that I learnt from reflecting on what I did the first time round, and was able to do it better because I had identified where I went wrong.
Unread 09-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Miss-Anonymous is on a distinguished road

Okay.. Thanks for replying.. That seems so easy now. Lol..
Unread 09-05-2011, 02:02 PM

It's odd how that happens. I think it's all worded to make it seem more complicated than it is. Quite a few times I've asked for help, only find that it is really simple!