Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 08-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

Good points possum..
I like it when people hand deliver their CVs... when they do - if poss I'll spend a few moments chatting with them, even showing them around if it appropriate.

xxxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

daisypops is on a distinguished road

Thankyou Cabin and Possum, thats good advice. I have had various training over past couple of years.I know what you mean about cv, I used to go through them with my Supervisor, you can more or less tell straight away... Only just finished 303 so still got quite a lot to do. Not very many settings where I live, everyone knows everyone!
Unread 08-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Possum is on a distinguished road

It's definitely worth persevering with what you are doing - think of it as a means to an end - when you have that qualification you can do all kinds of things. Plug away with it and get as much out of the experience of your current setting as you can - even if it's the knowledge of how you'll do things differently when you've got your own setting!
Unread 08-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

daisypops is on a distinguished road

Ha ha, my own setting! Too much responsibility... One minute I think that I'll stay at the setting, as you said -plugging away and getting the evidence needed for NVQ, the next I 'm going to hand in my notice and get a voluntary placement somewhere different.....lifes 2 short to be unhappy and if I can change something maybe I should try?????? think I'll have a glass of wine now!
Unread 08-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Possum is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a plan!
Unread 02-16-2014, 10:37 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Kathryn t is on a distinguished road

I know what you ate saying I am in the same position, although mine gets the other lady doing the same course to write each one as a question why? I have nearly finished started in sept.