Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play

Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work in general (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Hi new members !! (http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3031)

Ruthierhyme 10-03-2007 12:00 PM

Hi new members !!

Hi to all our newest members .. please feel free to jump in :cheerful:

A big thanks also to learningpage.com who have us featured on their front page & in this months newsletter :D !!

southlady 05-19-2009 08:29 PM

hello

:wave: hi i have posted a few questions and answered some , so far no answers back hope i am doing it right .

Ruthierhyme 05-19-2009 10:27 PM

Hi, you are please don't worry. Everyone helps out where they can, there's no obligation members post what they can and when.

I noticed one of your posts concerns observations, are you able to contact your tutor or assessor for assistance or help with what these involve, or maybe has an example layout for you to begin with ?

xx

DizzyDora 05-20-2009 09:00 AM

We seem to be getting mostly posts about NVQs, perhaps that's why few answers? I know as i'm not doing an NVQ at the moment i don't open these posts as mostly they have question references which those not having NVQ paperwork wouldn't understand x

lauralee 05-21-2009 08:09 PM

hi, really fed up today. assessor meant to come to my setting but cancelled just before we opened. have emailed and texted her but no reply. how are you meant to get on like this? sorry to moan but it's frustrating. how does anyone else cope?

Wasp 08-13-2009 06:35 PM

just found this site never joined one before
i am doing level 4
reading all the messages has made me feel that it is worth doing
Wasp

Primrose 08-13-2009 08:39 PM

I have recommended silkysteps to everyone that wants to listen!!! It's been a huge help to me and gives me hope when I feel I can't be bothered anymore!

Thank you to everyone who takes the time answer questions and give support.:applause:

Possum 08-15-2009 10:06 PM

Yes the posts do seem heavily NVQ biased at the moment, but perhaps when everyone's back off holiday it'll all change!

daisypops 08-16-2009 03:41 PM

yet another one on about nvq!!!!!!!!

Hello! Just joined up as fed up with NVQ3(sorry!) Ihave been working in child care for 10years and was a deputy for 4 years. I know I'm not stupid but this NVQ is driving me round the bend and my assessor is no help. I'm sure I'm writing too much, approx 2 sides of A4 each knowledge question but he just says keep on going. When a friend of mine done hers, under a different assessor, she only had to write bullet points! Its so time consuming as I do have a life! Dont think I'm meant to though...:banghead:

cabin 08-16-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisypops (Post 23061)
Hello! Just joined up as fed up with NVQ3(sorry!) Ihave been working in child care for 10years and was a deputy for 4 years. I know I'm not stupid but this NVQ is driving me round the bend and my assessor is no help. I'm sure I'm writing too much, approx 2 sides of A4 each knowledge question but he just says keep on going. When a friend of mine done hers, under a different assessor, she only had to write bullet points! Its so time consuming as I do have a life! Dont think I'm meant to though...:banghead:

Sounds like you have a lot of experience - and the kind of person that the NVQ was originaly meant for... have you asked your assessor for a professional discussion- preferablly with a digital recorded method? this cuts down writing for both you and assessor. If it's embeded in your everyday practice- and you know what and why your doing it, it should be discussed rather than written anyway. Different if you lack experience- then I would expect candidates to show they have researched why certain things have to be done etc.

xxxxx