Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 01-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

sj100 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS 023 16-19 yrs query

I am struggling with 023 of the NVQ level 3 and am finding it very hard to get information on the development of children within the 16-19 age bracket in social, emotional and development, physical, cognitive etc. Can anyone help. Not sure where to get this extended information from
Thanks Sarah xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

spelky~brooks is on a distinguished road

This may help ladies....
 Between the ages of 16~19 a young person will have developed more of an understanding about life, will be able to give good reasons for their choices and express their own views. Relationships with their parents will have improved although they will still want to spend more time with their friends. As adolescents become more aware of their strengths and weaknesses and will have started to create their own personal identity in society.
 Between 16~19 years of age young adolescents begin to think about their future. For some, 6th form or college may be an option; others may choose not to pursue further education and go to work. Adolescents develop the ability to speak rather than to ‘act out’ and relationships with parents and peers improve and become more honest and open. Peer group relationships may well be replaced by individual friendships and by this age a number of youths could be experiencing intimate relationships and a small amount may have children themselves
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Welshieschick is on a distinguished road
Smile 16-19 Year development charts

thanks for this info, am on unit 022 of the CCLD level 3 and also found it nigh on impossible to find info on 16-19 year development as despite being told it was in the CCLD handbook (the one by Penny Tassoni) every development chart/write up ends at 13-16 years. Thanks for the info. Have done an NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People already so if anyone is in need of help with that or with the CWDC Workbook I have also completed that.l Good luck people x
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:17 PM

skyline 985 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Assignment 023 B1 B2

My problem is how do I present this assignment should it be in a table format? because that is what I have done.
I have listed the sequence of development so what's this rate would I need to give example for this too??
Sooo confused about the sequence and rate of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years an example would really help just for reference purposes sent to my email address:
Thanks Azra

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 01-08-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: *email removed
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Welshieschick is on a distinguished road
how to present...

Hi I've done a chart for each of the types of development, for example Physical and then done each of the stages:

0-3 months
3-6 months
6-9 months
9-12 months
1-2 years
2-4 years
4-7 years
7-12 years
13-16 years
16-19 years

and then I put 3 examples of the types of development that are achieved within each age bracket and did a small description at the bottom about when the greatest amount of development in that area occurs. If you are doing the level 3 you will also have to start the unit with a definition of 'rate' and 'sequence' of development, the difference between these are 'rate' is the time frame in which the development occurs and 'sequence' is the order in which it occurs, you can obviously bulk it out a bit more than that but you get the idea.

xx
Unread 01-08-2012, 04:36 PM

skyline 985 is on a distinguished road

I have drawn a table and written the ages at the side as sequence then put all the 6 areas of development at the top as heading and then written down what each age group can do as rate. Not sure this is right but that is my understanding of the assignment . Oh well that's the best I can do if it's incorrect then the assessor will have to show me what is required. I don't need more stress I have more than enough to deal with at work !!!!
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline 985 View Post
I have drawn a table and written the ages at the side as sequence then put all the 6 areas of development at the top as heading and then written down what each age group can do as rate. Not sure this is right but that is my understanding of the assignment . Oh well that's the best I can do if it's incorrect then the assessor will have to show me what is required. I don't need more stress I have more than enough to deal with at work !!!!
Hi, the word rate does cause confusion.

The rate of children's development is the speed at which development happens.
The sequence of children's development is the order in which development happens.

It may be easier to look at the phrase rate & sequence as an approach to reviewing what you do, checking your work over, rather than naming areas of your chart as a sequence or rate, both can confusingly apply to the other.

Professional publications include a huge amount of information, 'steps, stages, expectations for identifying elements of children's development - eyfs development matters, the good thing is that for this table or chart the ages 0 to 19 limits what you need to include.

By placing the ages down one side of a table you will be able to see later how old an individual is when they accomplish a skill or action that you've put into the chart. This is the percieved speed, a rate of attainment - how quickly they got there if young, how late if passed the age indicator. Individual children reach these earlier or later than others and the age that you've put next to that specific development info is a regulator for what's considered atypical/usual/safe/no cause for concern.

By placing the ages down one side of the table in their correct numerical order you've also ensured the sequence is right and again used rate, by recognising how important it is for children to become a year or other older.

Are you able to get in touch with a tutor or assessor to check if the 6 areas of learning are what they're expecting you to fill the chart with?

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers