Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 02-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

danni2012 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS activity plan help

Hello everyone

i am studying after many years and i see that the EYFS has once again been revised.

i need help on how to answer these questions- it would mean alot
as i have to hand it in next week

b) Identify six activities in your curriculum plan (which are 1)Water play-filling and emptying 2) Jigsaw autumn puzzles 3) coloured sand play 4)weather chart 5) Singing time 6) Make own musical instruments ))

For each one explain how it meets the early learning goals for children at TWO different stages of development ( age 2 and 3 years) Explain how each of these activities provide a LEARNING opportunity for each child. This might mean making is simpler for some children, and extending the activity for some children. You should be using the EYFS so this means (i) two different development matters statements for each activity (ii) explaining what you will do to differentiate the activity for each ability group in order to help children achieve each appropriate learning goal.

c)Choose a profile and give their age, gender and a short description of their SKILLS (from their profile) then choose two activities from the curriculum plan and explain how these two activities will progress their skills in at least TWO areas. Show that you can plan for the INDIVIDUAL child as well as the group. The principle here is that you are building on CURRENT skills, so the activities you choose must clearly link to the skills you have identified for this child.

d) Identify how an early years setting can involve parents to create a profile of their child’s on going progress.

If anyone can help me with these id really appreciate it
im at loss on how to answer these.. its been so long that i last looked at the EYFS framework

thanks
danni x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, the 2012 framework and revised development matters an be downloaded from the links on this page of the site - EYFS 2012 much of what you've posted will be answered once you've had the opportunity to read through them.

Match the age of the children that you've been given - 2yrs & 3 to see which statements in the development matters guidance might apply.

There are two downloads that might help:

Activity planner - planning creative physical other area of learning observation

Development plan for observing & assessing individual children

Identify means to find out so if you're able to, see and ask how your setting or placement involves parents in creating an ongoing profile for their child, then you'll be able to respond via knowledge of professional practice.

I hope this helps.
the cost of ad blockers