Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Lightbulb CYPOP 5 other resources to compliment and compare provision for play

=================================================
CYPOP 5 setting up a home based child care setting unit help
=================================================

These are a few ideas on the diploma's optional unit 5: other resources - a comparison of how other's resources are available to children to support their play and compliment exisitng provision ..
  • Local libraries - Book loan, storysack loan, cd, dvd, craft activities, gallery ..
  • Mobile library services provide resources where transport, logisticas of travelling to a library buildings and their services may be more difficult.
  • Toy library and toy loan networks.
  • Local park - playground equipment, field and seating
  • School , health centre, toddler groups.
  • Signing up to newsletters, alert and notification services:
    support and campaign awareness events, safety, police, fire brigade, road safety, fundraising - big toddle
  • Nature trail areas.
  • Museums and organised events
  • Swimming pool
  • Soft play and larger, adventure play providers.
  • Animal care and rescue centres
  • Music and movement providers
  • Local interest groups - WI, carnival, theatrical, gardening/horticultural, needlecraft, fanciers ..
Please add on with resources you've accessed to support your children's play ..
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Children matter is on a distinguished road

CYPOP 5, 5.5

5.5 Compare how other resources available for children support their play:

In my setting, in order to compare how other resources available for children support their play I make good use of my space and other resources so that children are well cared for and supported during their time in my care. I ensure that children are involved in a broad range of activities which support their language, physical and social development. In my setting I find that children are interested in and want to play with what is available; this includes toys and heuristic material. I am able to compare how other resources available for children support their play as follows: I am always able to seek other resources in addition to what I already have - I make a comparison of how other resources are available for instance access to parks, or materials to children in my care to support their play and compliment existing provisions. For instance I can use local Libraries - Book loan, story-sack loan, CD, DVD, craft activities, galleries etc.
I make comparisons of the impact made to children when I bring in the additional resources. I could use Mobile library services to provide resources where transport, logistics of travelling to a library building and their services may be more difficult. I could find and compare thos with Toy library and toy loan networks. Local park - playground equipment, field and seating School, Health centre, toddler groups. I could use signing up to newsletters, alert and notification services on my e-mails or by telephone SMS text messages; support and campaign awareness events, safety, police, fire brigade, road safety, fundraising - big toddle, Nature trail areas. Museums and organised events, Swimming pools, Soft play and larger play items, Adventure play providers. Animal care and rescue centres. Music and movement play providers. I can compare these with; Local interest groups – African Caribbean carnival, theatrical, gardening/horticultural, needlecraft, fanciers. I would observe and gauge what differences or impact to the play, learning and development of the children by the additional resources. This is how I would compare how other resources available for children support their play.