Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 01-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

MrsD is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I also started this course in September. I agree that it is really difficult to fit studying time in with work and family commitments.
Some days I too think that I'm behind but then I just think, plod along and it will all come together in the end.
I do love extending my knowledge and keep thinking about the new doors that this qualification will open.
I will succeed and so will you!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

derynjoe is on a distinguished road

Thanks MrsD, I thinks thats good advice, my tutor keeps telling me it will come together. I had an obs yesterday mainly aimed at the CPD unit, so did an appraisal with my Manager, felt like I was performing a play because me and my Manager had used the unit outline to plan our agenda to make sure we didn't miss anything!!

Redundancy may be just around the corner for me Im afraid, if it is I'm just going to get myself a little waitressing job on a night and I will have plently of time to study, once I get this though I think I will be looking for a Nursery Nurse Position!!

Back to it then!
Unread 01-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi everyone i finished my level 2 last year and started cypw diploma 3 2 weeks ago i am finding it really hard i was nearly crying last nite getting confussed with some of the questions but this site is good and i have the cypw book to for help x
Unread 01-23-2011, 07:25 PM

MrsD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy bob View Post
hi everyone i finished my level 2 last year and started cypw diploma 3 2 weeks ago i am finding it really hard i was nearly crying last nite getting confussed with some of the questions but this site is good and i have the cypw book to for help x
Hi Wendy bob,

That book is brilliant. Don't worry! It does seem a bit daunting at first but as you become familiar with how it all works, it really isn't that bad.
Good luck
Unread 01-31-2011, 11:54 AM

Claire36 is on a distinguished road
Default How longs your course

Hello, seems like we're all enjoying the new course - yes lots of work to juggle with work, children and home etc.

Just wondering how long everyone's course is mine started in middle of September for 38 weeks which takes it to middle July. I am worried that I won't finish it in time - I've had 6 units signed off giving me around 20 credits, does still seem a very long way from the 65 credits required.

I think that I might be able to use evidence such as observation to cover more than one criteria - hope so!! :reading:
Unread 01-31-2011, 11:00 PM

derynjoe is on a distinguished road

Hi Claire36

I have had two observations, covered my Health and Safety, Communication, CPD, Equality & Diversity, and I have started using them for other little bits.

We have 6 students in our class, and our Assessor hasn't signed off one unit between us!!! She likes to see at least 3 marks per criteria on the grid sheets!! But she believes it will all come together very quickly.

We started in September and weren't supposed to be finishing untill December, but we have just been told its now 1st October, eeeek!! So im going to make sure I pick it up everyday even if its just for 45 mins a day!

Finished my Health & Safety assignment today so Im about to cross reference it, very tired so I apologise for any spelling errors!!!!!!!!
Unread 02-01-2011, 05:51 PM

rak is on a distinguished road

guys i started my course in aug 2010, was told id finish by aug 2011. iv done soo much of work but my assessor is not marking it off, iv rang her and txt her too. she keeps saying she'l look at it and mark but NO she hasnt done anything yet!!!! at this rate i would be done until aug 2012!!!!! argggggggggghhhhh
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:10 PM

suzanned is on a distinguished road

any help on sch31 would be appreciated :)
Unread 02-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

i am enjoying the course but find the time running out fast my new assessor says i am doing brilliant even if i need to cut down on the writting but i am worried i am not doing enough units wish i knew.

T
Unread 03-09-2011, 11:19 PM

Alison Day is on a distinguished road

Hi all,
I've just stated this course and am getting a little concerned after reading all these post. I work full time, have a young family and run a house and am wondering how I am going to fit everything in. I am doing the course purley work based with my accessor coming out to me once every 6 weeks (she said) and have all my assignments sent to me web based, so am feeling a little lonely!! Is it realistic to be able to complete this course in a year doing it this way??