Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 04-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

raquel87 is on a distinguished road
Default Assignment 026!!!!task e section 3

right this course is slightly beginning to drive me royally round the twist!!!im feeling completely confused most of the later parts og this assignment for me are aimed obviously at all children but it appears to mainly be the older ones, i have been directly told by my assessor i can only speak of my work in my pre-school i am not allowed to use anything from my time spent working in our out of school club....which leaves me a bit stuck as i have dealt with slight bullying in our out of school club, i have not yet encountered a 2 year old bully!!!!!
any help would be awesome

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquel87 View Post
right this course is slightly beginning to drive me royally round the twist!!!im feeling completely confused most of the later parts og this assignment for me are aimed obviously at all children but it appears to mainly be the older ones, i have been directly told by my assessor i can only speak of my work in my pre-school i am not allowed to use anything from my time spent working in our out of school club....which leaves me a bit stuck as i have dealt with slight bullying in our out of school club, i have not yet encountered a 2 year old bully!!!!!
any help would be awesome
Hi

look at this thread, i placed a positive behaviour policy on here that you adapt to your setting, within this it states these 2 pointers that may help you to get your head around the word bullying. to me a child of 2 cannot be a bully as their cognitive skills are not formed (probably wrong word) to me it is classed as inappropriatte behaviour because they don't have the knowledge or understanding to know right from wrong, repeating these skills of turn taking etc helps the children to achieve their cognitive skills. read this :
  • We take hurtful behaviour very seriously. Most children under the age of five will at some stage hurt or say something hurtful to another child, especially if their emotions are high at the time, but it is not helpful to label this behaviour as ‘bullying’. For children under five, hurtful behaviour is momentary, spontaneous and often without cognisance of the feelings of the person whom they have hurt.
  • A child who is bullying has reached a stage of cognitive development where he or she is able to plan to carry out a premeditated intent to cause distress in another.
    Bullying can occur in children five years old and over and may well be an issue in after school clubs and holiday schemes catering for slightly older children.

look at this thread and read the policy and procedures this may give you abit more info to work with.

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/show...light=bullying

Hope it helps a little

Lynne