Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 08-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

TJHutchings is on a distinguished road
General question Questions on 302

Hi there all. I've got a few questions about my 302 unit.

First off, I don't have a copy of the EYFS guide and need to know which standards relate to health and safety.

Second, I need to know the basis for risk assesments. I have to do one for a junk modelling activity with 3 year olds, and one for an outing to the park with 8 year olds and a parent. (K3H194)

Preferably before the weekend as I have to hand this in on monday. Thanks to all who can help.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-16-2010, 03:21 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

eyfs is all online

if you google 5 step risk assessment you will get a template
Unread 08-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

charlotte1001 is on a distinguished road

The risk assessments have to be conducted using your settings documentation,
Theres normally columns along the lines of the following, Try thinking about:
What risks are involved with junk modelling? maybe eat the glue, swallow on a lid of a tube, spilt glue etc,
Who could be harmed in these risks? Children possibly staff, visitors etc
Whats your current control for minimising the risks? swallow on a lid - check al materials are age, ability and needs appropriate etc.
Whats the severity of the risk? 1= very minor 5= death (basically just give a score for each risk)
Whats the likelihood? 1= highly unlikely 5= very likely (again just a score)
Sometimes an overall score, (adding up the 2numbers)
Additional control? this could be if you risk of say glue on clothes, the current control could be aprons and the additional control would be sare clothes etc (just an example)
Urgency for additional control, short, medium or long? for the example above could be medium for others it could juste already done.
Whose responsible? All staff normally
There doesnt always have to be additinal control or urgency for additional controls, it just depends on the risks identified.

Your setting should also have a copy of the EYFS book for you to look at.
Hope this helps
Unread 08-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

TJHutchings is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. :)