Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 11-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road
Default 097 support children with speech and language communication needs

identify and describe differrent strategies and targets that can support children speech and language cmmunication needs

explain how speech and language and communication needs affect social, emotional and cognitive development .

explain how social, emotional and cognitive needs affect children speech, language and communication

Please help

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-30-2010, 12:11 AM

Doodah is on a distinguished road

My 3 year old son has speech problems - he misses whole sounds out of words. He has been to see the speech and language therapist and is working on practising a range of sounds in a fun way and doing the MR Tongue/Freddy tongue exercise stories. He is on an individual education plan where he does this for 10 minutes a day, and also the staff use makaton sign language with him. His IEP contains targets such as practising sounds, concentrating on activities and using signs.

He has friends but I imagine that it is pretty hard for them to understand what he is saying at times which must be frustrating for both parties. A lot of the time, my son just communicates with gestures and pointing. His speech problems effect him emotionally and socially as he finds it hard to communicate properly and this results in frustration often leading to challenging behaviour. Cognitively he comes across as being behind his peers, but he is actually not - some people assume he has cognitive difficulties when he is actually bright - which is also frustrating for both him and me!

Other children may have other communication difficulties such as stutters or stammers, or have English as a Second Language. They may be shy, have hearing difficulties, or be selective mutes eg choose not to talk. There may be other learning difficulties eg poor short term memory - all of which will affect children's speech, language and communication.

Does this help? :idea:

Last edited by Doodah : 11-30-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Additional Information
Unread 11-30-2010, 07:18 PM

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

thanks you that was a really big help I am struggling on this 1 thank you so much
Unread 01-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

The resource from scope Play talks is a good read.
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

emmachildcare3976 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS cypop15 4.2 explain how social, emotional and cognitive needs affect children speech, language and communication

can anyone please help me explain how social, emotional and cognitive needs affect children speech, language and communication its my last piece of work to pass please help xxx
Unread 03-17-2013, 12:54 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

rosany is on a distinguished road
Help SOS

please can anyone help me with this question?
Level 3 diploma children and young people

Analyse the importance of early identification of speech, language and communication delays and disorders and potential risks of later recognition?

Last edited by rosany : 03-17-2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: I needed to complete the question
Unread 12-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Mum2Sam2004 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmachildcare3976 View Post
can anyone please help me explain how social, emotional and cognitive needs affect children speech, language and communication its my last piece of work to pass please help xxx
Hi emmachildcare3976

Did you ever manage to complete this question. I have found this unit so hard and all my written work has to be in tomorrow. Feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall. Any guidance really appreciated.
Unread 12-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Mum2Sam2004 is on a distinguished road

Can anyone please help me with CYPOP 15 Support the positive practice with children and young people with speech, language and communication needs:

2.4 Compare different examples of how strategies and targets have been used to support children and young people with speech, language and communication needs?

and

4.2 Explain how social, emotional and cognitive needs can affect children and young people's speech, language and communication.

TIA. These are the only two questions I have left to complete and then providing my last unit is signed off I am done. Phew! This is the hardest unit I have had to do.