Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 02-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

AliH61 is on a distinguished road
Year 2 discussion - Safe and healthy schools

Hi all

On Monday morning I have to lead a discussion on what makes a safe and healthy school with year 2 pupils - part of a job interview. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me, I have thought they might say:
Nice school, safe playground, good teachers & good food, healthy snacks.
No bullying,need room in the classrooms, dangers in classroom & around school, fences around school, no fighting, teachers deal with bad behaviour, PE, children feel safe, after school clubs, can talk to teachers in confidence, no litter.

Oh and thanks to all those who put any posts or comments on this website, I passed my level 3 diploma STLS.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

wcandice28 is on a distinguished road

Your thoughts are worth appreciating. Some other points can also be included such as
1.) Teacher's attitude towards teaching.
2.) Healthy bond between students and teachers
3.) Different co-curricular activities being held at school.
4.) Interpersonal skill development.
5.) Social behaviour yeah that can include no bullying, team work etc.
6.) Sports and cultural activities.