Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 02-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

emziebub88 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Making reference to the eyfs - Someone help me...PLEASE!!

Hey guys, just a little confused here so hope one of you lovelies can help me!!

So I submitted my assignment for unit 25 this morning, and now I have just received a msg back from my assessor to say that I need to "make reference to the EYFS" only thing is that I am confused as to which question in the assignment I need to do this for!!

So the questions on this assignment are:

1.The main current legislation, guidelines, policies & procedures within your own UK Home Nation (England, Wales etc) for safeguarding children and young people.

2.An explanation of child protection within the wider concept of safeguarding children and young people.

3.A clear analysis of how national and local guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding affect the day to day work, both with children and young people and within the new worker's role.

4.An explanation of when and why the inquiries and serious case review processes are required, issues of how to share findings and implications for the worker's practice.

5.An explanation of the processes used by own work setting or service that must comply with legislation that covers data protection, information handling and sharing.

...So any ideas?? does she mean make reference to the EYFS in ALL questions or just one or two?? And also WHERE DO I START??

Any help will be appreciated!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, you can draw on the eyfs for each.

1. Current legislation, guidelines, policies & procedures in home nation England involve the safeguarding and welfare section 3 of eyfs 2012 where on page 1 it shows how the framework links to the Childcare Act 2006. Working together to safeguard children and what to do if you're worried a child is being abused.

2. Look within the eyfs to see how child protection is one part of safeguarding the whole of children's health, safety and well-being ie.
pg 13+ eyfs 2012:
Section 3 – The Safeguarding And Welfare Requirements
Introduction
Child Protection
Suitable People
Disqualification (all registered providers)
Staff taking medication/other substances
Staff qualifications, training, support and skills
Key person
Staff: child ratios
Health - Medicines
Food and drink
Accident or injury
Managing behaviour
Safety and suitability of premises, environment and equipment
Safety
Smoking
Premises
Risk assessment
Outings
Equal opportunities
Information and records
Information about the child
Information for parents and carers
Complaints
Information about the provider
Changes that must be notified to Ofsted

3. Depending on what you've written you can reference the safeguarding & welfare requirements of 2012 eyfs - as listed above, and how you fulfil those expectations for practice on a day to day basis.

4. SCRs http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13456
Using the most up-to-date information and guidance ensures setting's are able to meet the requirements of the safeguarding & welfare requirements of eyfs 2012 by enabling them to 'create high quality settings which are welcoming, safe and stimulating, and where children are able to enjoy learning and grow in confidence.' and also for them to 'take all necessary steps to keep children safe and well.' (pg 13 eyfs 2012)

5. Use what happens in your setting alongside the expectations of eyfs - look at pg 26 and knowledge of what the Data Protection Act aims to do - on gov.uk

I hope this helps a little xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:06 PM

This helps a little, i just don't know where to start on writing it all up! I know what I need to write (I think) but find it hard to put it into words :( x
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:19 PM

So far for question 3 I have written:

There are many different guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people that will affect the daily work of practitioners working with them. These relate to:-

• Childcare Practice – Any setting that provides care for children and young people must have policies and procedures which cover every part of safeguarding.
These should include policies and procedures for the following:-

 Child protection
 Health and Safety
 Outings
 Visitors to the setting
 Contact with children and performing personal care

• Child Protection – In my setting, we have policies and procedures for safeguarding, which states that employees, students and volunteers must be thoroughly checked for suitability, eligibility and CRB checked before they are permitted to begin working with us.

• Risk Assessment – Risk assessments are a vital part of safeguarding children. In my setting, before we are able to allow the children into nursery, we must ensure that both the room and the garden have been risk assessed. Garden checks are also carried out any time before we take the children into the garden to play, to make sure that the areas is healthy and safe for them to play in.

• Supporting children and young people and others who may be expressing concerns – If a child, parent, or other practitioner were to express a concern in my setting, I would firstly show them that I was taking them seriously, tell them that I am there to listen to anything they have to say, and have empathy. If it were a child that had a concern, I would tell them I will help them as best I can, but should never make promises about keeping it to myself. I would also make sure not to jump to conclusions, or ask questions, and I would seek advice and support from my manager, as well as the designated Child Protection Officer.