Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 11-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Diana77 is on a distinguished road
Default 401 Reflective accounts

Please help me I am being very brain dead at the moment I need to do a reflective account on How you have communicated with other professionals respecting confidentiality and showing respect for each others expertise and I just cant get my brain around it and I really need to get this unit finished before my daughter goes back into hospital thank you everyone

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-11-2008, 09:08 PM

confusedkim is on a distinguished road
hope this helps

I think that when i did this one i wrote about meetings that i had with speech therapists, how i listened to their point of view and they mine. That sort of thing.

Is there anyone like that that you've come into contact with? could be health visitors, learning through play therapists etc...

Also i explained why there is the need for valuing each others opinions.
I hope this has helped x

Unread 11-11-2008, 09:24 PM

Diana77 is on a distinguished road

thank you that gives me few ideas xx
Unread 11-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sparky is on a distinguished road

Reflective accounts are all about your practice and how you can change it to move things forward.

For instance if you had a meeting with a speech therapist and you felt they didn't know the child's strengths - how did you convey that to them without telling them how to do their job. Afterwards did you think "I could have handled that better" or "I'm really pleased that I told them that Child A could do something that they thought they couldn't do"

Sorry if that doesn't make sense - its too late for me really!!!
Unread 05-23-2015, 12:42 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

shipley is on a distinguished road

can anybody help me with this

Reflective accounts on a time you have maintained confidentiality paper based and shared information confidentially.
Unread 05-23-2015, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to the site. Maintaining confidentially with paper-based documents involves how you ensure they're stored and kept safely - for a period of time that reflects their lawful requirements, not seen by anyone without the permission to do so, not removed from the premises unless the individual has the authority to do so. Times where information is shared confidentially - in privacy/place that's private so that what's discussed and shown is not accidentally overheard or seen.

There is an example reflective account on this thread if it helps

Page 4 of the level 5 handbook on amazon.co.uk looks at professional responsibilities towards the Data protection act

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

shipley is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your help
Unread 05-24-2015, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, as a thought, this level 4 handbook has some information if you search for confidentiality in its preview, it might remind you of times you can use for a reflective account. Although publication date was 2009, the year before the switch from NVQ to diplomas, & apart from changes in frameworks & legislation it continues to have supportive reading for practice.

Best wishes

I
the cost of ad blockers