Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 04-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

blokey is on a distinguished road
Default lluk302 optional unit

This is my first time using this site so any sort of help would be much appreciated. I have completed all the mandatory units but have decided to do this optional unit lluk302 enable parents to develop way sof handling relationships and behaviour that contribute to everyday life with children. If anyone can help or put me in the right direction thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-13-2012, 12:11 PM

Suzie is on a distinguished road

Hi, did you manage to find anything? Am just starting this and could do with a starter point on 1.1??!!
Unread 05-14-2012, 06:52 PM

I put this

There is no shortage of negative role models for our children in today’s society. Children and young people imitate the actions and appearance of video, movie, and television stars. Many parents would cringe to think their daughters would want to imitate some of today’s trendy appearances and behaviours.

To increase their influence, parents need to limit the amount of time kids spend watching television and videos and increase the time children spend with them. Children are more likely to imitate parents if parents spend time with them. In addition, parents should be very intentional about what they role model for their children.

While most parents would agree children learn a great deal by imitating behaviours of others, some parents don’t always act as positive role models for their children. Qualities that parents can intentionally role model include: honesty, integrity, compassion, dependability, high standards and values.
Unread 05-15-2012, 07:05 AM

Thank you sooo much - I have done this bit and actually put more or less the same so we cant both be wrong!! I am on 2.1 now, balancing parent authority and autonomy and dont really even understand the question or where to start??! have you got to this bit yet please??!! Many thanks x
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:52 PM

I havent yet, I am still working on 1.9 as found this unit very long winded and quite repetitve. Hoping to re-start this this weekend so if I get anywhere will drop a line unless you have worked it out. Any help we can give each other could be a massive push!

Kirsty
Unread 05-15-2012, 08:06 PM

1.9 I just sort of waffled my way through it!! Explaining about speech and lang, children who dont pay attention to you that could poss have hearing difficulties etc and who to refer them to.... not sure Ive done this right tho. Am seeing my tutor tommorow so will get some ideas on 2.1 and let you know if you still stuck!
Unread 05-20-2012, 10:12 AM

Thanks a lot I am hoping to attempt to finish this today or at least most of it. Have you decided on your other optional units, I have and done cypop 4, 30. got cypop 40 to do and lluk 302 to finish. thought about doing lluk 301 and 312 as well fingers crossed!!
Unread 05-20-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokey View Post
Thanks a lot I am hoping to attempt to finish this today or at least most of it. Have you decided on your other optional units, I have and done cypop 4, 30. got cypop 40 to do and lluk 302 to finish. thought about doing lluk 301 and 312 as well fingers crossed!!
I dont suppose you have done 2.2 explain how to support parents to develop clear and developmentally appropriate ways to communicate?
Unread 05-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

louisesmith969 is on a distinguished road
Default Louise

I've just started this optional unit today and finding it a bit wordy too!
I found this website which tells you which points you need to include in each question but obviously in a bit more detail!
I hope this helps ladies :)

http://www.ukstandards.co.uk/NOS%20D.../LSIWWP308.pdf
Unread 05-26-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisesmith969 View Post
I've just started this optional unit today and finding it a bit wordy too!
I found this website which tells you which points you need to include in each question but obviously in a bit more detail!
I hope this helps ladies :)

http://www.ukstandards.co.uk/NOS%20D.../LSIWWP308.pdf
Thank you sorry for late reply

I am going to get stuck into this today as only have 4 more questions to go then onto the next optional unit lluk301 and cypop 40 for starters lol!

Kirsty