Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 06-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

sade is on a distinguished road
Default need help! level 5 analysing how reasearch has impacted on ..

Hi all, im now on my optionals of childrens care learning and development but cant seem to get my head around them, im not asking for you to answer them for me, but point me in the right direction please, not got long left to complete it now here what im stuck on, thanks in advance
Unit 163
1.1 Analyse how research has impacted on:
Provision for children’s communication, language and literacy development.
Workplace procedures and practices.
Own professional practice.

Unit 165
Provision for children’s knowledge and understanding of the world.

Unit 166
Provision for children’s physical development.
Use of outdoor spaces.

also still have these outstanding
Unit 140
2.4 Evaluate the impact of a child/young person centred approach to safeguarding on policies and procedures.

Unit 145
1.1 Explain the importance of continually improving knowledge and practice.

2.1 Evaluate own knowledge and performance against standards and benchmarks.

4.1 Compare models of reflective practice.

4.4 Evaluate how practice has been improved through:
Reflection on best practice
Reflection on failures and mistakes.

Unit 142
2.3 Explain the actions to take when health, safety and risk management procedures and practices are not being adhered to.

Unit 144
4.1 Explain legal and ethical tensions between maintaining confidentiality and sharing information.

Unit 146
1.3 Analyse the impact of legislation and policy initiatives on the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion in own area of responsibility.

3.2 Evaluate the effectiveness of systems and processes in promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in own area of responsibility.

4.3 Explain how issues of individual capacity may affect informed choice.

4.4 Propose a strategy to manage risks when balancing individual rights and duty of care in own area of responsibility.

please help

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

littlemiss25 is on a distinguished road

I need help with these also!

1.3 Analyse the impact of legislation and policy initiatives on the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion in own area of responsibility.

3.2 Evaluate the effectiveness of systems and processes in promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in own area of responsibility.

4.3 Explain how issues of individual capacity may affect informed choice.
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

littlemiss25 is on a distinguished road

To get you started on this question that you asked for "2.4 Evaluate the impact of a child/young person centred approach to safeguarding on policies and procedures."

Safeguarding policies and procedures are put into place to protect the children but also adults who are working with them. It is important that everyone follows the 'safe working practice' under the rules and guidelines which are set out by the P & P to ensure that the children and staff are equally protected.
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:35 AM

sade is on a distinguished road

Thanks littlemiss 25 that gave me the direction i needed
which unit are yours for? il have a look what ive got
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:35 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

my advice would be to really ensure you know exactly what evaluate and analyse means i send back work all the time which is just an explanation or description. at this level you need to be evaluating in depth offering alternatives and seeking evidence from a variety of sources to underpin your assertions. these are HUGE pieces of work which will get returned unless theres depth
Unread 03-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

hayley1979 is on a distinguished road

Hi sade can you give me direction with the supporting others to promote knowledge and understanding of the world in early years setting please
Unread 03-30-2014, 11:36 AM

Thesaurus is on a distinguished road

On the analysis of how research has impacted on own practice i would suggest you research a journal/pedagogy/theory or anything like that from which you have learnt something to improve your practice.

Briefly explain the research and then reflect on how it has impacted on your practice. What changes you have made as a result and what changes you propose for the future.
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley1979 View Post
Hi
Hi, this is a quote from the newly published 'Putting children first' manifesto by the save childhood movement

Quote:
Page 9:
The development of knowledge and understanding
Every culture decides what knowledge it considers important and worthwhile for its children to know. For young children knowledge is acquired most effectively through learning environments that support their innate curiosity and desire to make sense of, and build on, their experiences. It is important to ensure a focus on areas of knowledge and understanding that not only serve the wider culture, but have real meaning and purpose for the
child.
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

hayley1979 is on a distinguished road

Thank you
Unread 04-22-2014, 03:34 PM

CathLamb is on a distinguished road

for your optionals, if you carefully look at the required criteria for 163 / 164 / 165 / 166 these are very alike except for the area of learning and development, therefore to be efficient and effective in your evidence gathering you could do them together but ensuring you cover each of the four ares.