Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 12-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

juliejon is on a distinguished road
NVQ3 unit 307

First timer! Finding some parts a bit tricky, started course in september,as with many of you, got to do it to stay in job. Need some guidance with a question and would be so grateful for any help at all.
The question is;
Give examples of providing oppurtunities for discussion with the children on healthy physical development, stating how this was appropiate for the age needs and abilities of the children. How would you include a child with a chronic illness or physical difficulty in the discussion.
I work with 3-5 yr olds.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-01-2010, 12:52 PM
loulou91

Are these questions on the 307 knowledge? i am doing my nvq3 and have done 307 already.
Unread 01-01-2010, 09:46 PM

Thankyou for replying, have been given these questions by tutor, and I must cover the performance criteria in 307.2 and 307.3. I know I can use our snack time to chat to the children etc regarding healthy eating,(assume that is the kind of thing) but I am not sure where to start when I have to explain about including a child with a chronic illness or physical difficulty. Not rocket science I know, but you know when you just get those times when you cannot think!
Unread 01-02-2010, 04:11 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou91 View Post
Are these questions on the 307 knowledge? i am doing my nvq3 and have done 307 already.
Thank you for replying. the questions are 307.3, performance criteria 2 and 307.3 pc 4. I know I can use our fruit time time for discussion, not sure how much detail I can go into. A bit stuck on how to include a child with a chronic illness. Not rocket science I know, but just finished one assignment so brain had enough! Appreciate any ideas or guidance, THANKS
Unread 01-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi welcome to the site

Healthy physical development will involve aspects such as diet/nutrition - food, fluids, exercise and access.

Healthy may relate to standards, criteria and advice that professionals and self would give and consider balanced/attainable in order for a, or their body to function well. Healthy from free dictionary

Quality of air
Body circulation: how fast our hearts are beating.
Time to rest and time for hydration.
Gross motor and fine motor activity - exercise that helps build and maintain growth, bone development, muscle development, and being able to maintain good skin, healthy eyes, strong teeth ..
Equipment & movement/routines that help achieve all this.
Nutritional information that promotes healthy physical development.
Food groups, vitamins & minerals - this is from the Vegsoc.org - food groups

Depending on the Children's age you may find opportunities to chat about healthy physical development during a line up time for lunch, play or other activity.
Dentist role play, making glasses and eyecharts, shooting hoops or gardening. Discussing physical development can be as diverse as to be able to chat about the health of teeth, physical development of the jaw & muscles during a slatter painting session that uses toothbrushes to apply the paint or how breastfeeding and tummy time is good for a Child's new brother, sister, cousin whilst reading ..

Providing opportunities can be to plan consiously and also to know that ongoing provision provides opportunities in itself.

Other activities that provide opportunity could be whilst you were checking stock, tidying away, designating areas, refilling or exchanging leaflets, these may relate to skin care, body care, body awareness, healthy eating, local clubs & groups - yoga/soft play/fundraising toddle..

Planned activities, interest tables, themes, focus topics, visits, events, wall displays: All about me, how our bodies work, how exercise strengthens muscles, star jumps, skipping, running, tag, swimming, sit N ride activities, playdough, gym, PE session, climbing frame, ball play, dance ..

Including children with disibility in a discussion is to use your knowledge, theirs and any potential knowledge - parents, professionals, places that may be able to help ..

Solutions for physical development - Children's mobility, chronic illness
Cold air & asthma
Running and sight impairment - page 6 to 7 of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's pdf is nice.
Epilepsy and play - safety from epilepsy.org.uk
DDA & Rospa.com's ideas for play
Cancer, fatigue, exertion ..

Physical development from the QCDA

Hope this helps you identify something, enjoy Silkysteps & best wishes with it
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-03-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthierhyme View Post
Hi welcome to the site

Healthy physical development will involve aspects such as diet/nutrition - food, fluids, exercise and access.

Healthy may relate to standards, criteria and advice that professionals and self would give and consider balanced/attainable in order for a, or their body to function well. Healthy from free dictionary

Quality of air
Body circulation: how fast our hearts are beating.
Time to rest and time for hydration.
Gross motor and fine motor activity - exercise that helps build and maintain growth, bone development, muscle development, and being able to maintain good skin, healthy eyes, strong teeth ..
Equipment & movement/routines that help achieve all this.
Nutritional information that promotes healthy physical development.
Food groups, vitamins & minerals - this is from the Vegsoc.org - food groups

Depending on the Children's age you may find opportunities to chat about healthy physical development during a line up time for lunch, play or other activity.
Dentist role play, making glasses and eyecharts, shooting hoops or gardening. Discussing physical development can be as diverse as to be able to chat about the health of teeth, physical development of the jaw & muscles during a slatter painting session that uses toothbrushes to apply the paint or how breastfeeding and tummy time is good for a Child's new brother, sister, cousin whilst reading ..

Providing opportunities can be to plan consiously and also to know that ongoing provision provides opportunities in itself.

Other activities that provide opportunity could be whilst you were checking stock, tidying away, designating areas, refilling or exchanging leaflets, these may relate to skin care, body care, body awareness, healthy eating, local clubs & groups - yoga/soft play/fundraising toddle..

Planned activities, interest tables, themes, focus topics, visits, events, wall displays: All about me, how our bodies work, how exercise strengthens muscles, star jumps, skipping, running, tag, swimming, sit N ride activities, playdough, gym, PE session, climbing frame, ball play, dance ..

Including children with disibility in a discussion is to use your knowledge, theirs and any potential knowledge - parents, professionals, places that may be able to help ..

Solutions for physical development - Children's mobility, chronic illness
Cold air & asthma
Running and sight impairment - page 6 to 7 of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's pdf is nice.
Epilepsy and play - safety from epilepsy.org.uk
DDA & Rospa.com's ideas for play
Cancer, fatigue, exertion ..

Physical development from the QCDA

Hope this helps you identify something, enjoy Silkysteps & best wishes with it
xx
Absolutely brilliant! thank you so much