Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums

Early Years Discussion Forums share and read professional working experiences from the UK EYs sector and further afield. CYPW learners and Early Years Educators, preschool practitioners, reception and KS1 teachers, childminders, parents and playworkers a very warm welcome to you all

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Bex01 is on a distinguished road
Default My first interview, I need help, please

Hi all,
I've not posted on here for some time but I use the advise constantly. I'm in process of studying for my Cache 3 children and young peoples workforce and I'm getting on ok.
As luck would have it I have stumbled upon a job going at my local children's centre for an assistant.....and surprise, surprise I managed to get an interview, I'm sooo shocked .
Apart from the obvious panic I have been advised that my interview activity is to read a story to 10 three to five year olds, it is to last 15 mins and can involve props. OMG!!!!!!!
I've read a number of threads on here and I like the idea of making the story kinda a story sack. I want to make it myself, the problem is that I was offered the interview yesterday afternoon and the interview date is this Wednesday!!!! I would have liked longer to prepare, but I really want to make a good impression.
Considering my short time scale has anyone got any ideas, I have quite an extensive library at home (I have my own nearly 5 year old!) do you think Hungry caterpillar has been over done?? Also I thought an animal book which I could use finder puppets and perhaps sing old McDonald, oh, help, please!!!!

-----------------------------------------