Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 07-01-2020, 04:48 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Tiger15 is on a distinguished road
General question How do you help children to value positive relationships?

Hi,

I'm doing unit 4 on professional relationships and have to do witness testimonies on what I have done in the classroom. I do not have an assessor come out to watch me.

I'm stuck on what examples I can use for:

6.1 Use ways of helping children and young people to understand the value of positive relationships with others.

I've got use circle time to ask opinions, and discuss differences in them and to also celebrate different cultures and religions etc. Any other exmaples I could use?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-02-2020, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to the site.

Maybe your've been involved in helping chidlren negotiate their way through an argument or disagreement they've had with each other?

A time you've introduced someone or yourself to a child or group of children? How did you describe who they were and their reason for being there?

Have you had and opportunity to look at how, & the different ways in which people communicate with each other - talking calming, using sign language?

You might find this older sample chapter useful, page 5 has good information about working practices - communicaiton and positive relationships with children

On page 66 of this STL book it says;

As well as showing children and young people the benefits of postitive relationships through your own practice, you should also work with your school or college to ensure that they see its importance and value. This should happen over time as they pass through the school or college, and work with one another in different contexts, listening to one another's views and ideas. School pupils of all ages will also have subject-based lessons around relationships through their work in POSHE (personal, social, health and economic) education, and primary children may also use circle time as a way of talking through issues as they occur. Colleges may focus on the impact of positive relationships through life skill courses and pastoral care.

Tips for best practice
  • Always ensure that you find out how individuals like to be addressed - write it down if necessary to help you to remember - for example, Ms Rathor, Doctor Dymock, or different given names for children or young people. Remember that parents do not always have the same surname as each other, or as their child.
  • Invite people to contribute to discussions and conversations, and take account of all points of view.
  • Use any communication aids or support if needed.
  • Use questioning to check understanding if there is any ambuiguity.
  • Do not make assumptions or steryotype individuals.
  • Be a good role model for children and young people in your professional relationships with others.
  • Summarise key points at the end of important conversations.

Hope this helps a little xx
the cost of ad blockers