Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 01-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Care-Worker is on a distinguished road
Default Observing provision

Unit 3.14 Outcome 4

Observe in line with current frameworks:
• An individual child
• A group of children
• Indoor provision
• Outdoor provision

Reflect on outcomes of observations carried out in own setting in relation to:

• An individual child
• A group of children
• Indoor provision
• Outdoor provision

I really don't know what I'm being asked to do here. I've apparently done an individual child. Regarding the 'group of children' I've done an observation of a group of children playing inside and have discussed how they found the activity and linked all the behaviours to areas of the EYFS.

But the indoor and outdoor provision? Is she expecting an inside and outside observation? Am I being asked what they like best inside and outside? Am I giving a summary of what we have available inside or outside? It's so vague and she just changes the subject when I ask. Surely if I'm just discussing general provision inside and outside I don't need a lengthy activity and observation with pages of EYFS characteristics about the activity.

Has anyone done this? I'm confused.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-19-2017, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

it appears it's asking for you to make an observation about the provision of the setting itself, inside and outside, not necessarily a summary ie. review the environment to see how effective it is & if its inline with EYFS

I would imagine you could look at the planning cycle, continuous provision, pedagogy, theoretical & educational approaches.

The amazon.co.uk preview of page of 377 is available in this handbook & explains a little more, search indoor and outdoor provision
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-19-2017, 08:07 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Care-Worker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthierhyme View Post
it appears it's asking for you to make an observation about the provision of the setting itself, inside and outside, not necessarily a summary ie. review the environment to see how effective it is & if its inline with EYFS

I would imagine you could look at the planning cycle, continuous provision, pedagogy, theoretical & educational approaches.

The amazon.co.uk preview of page of 377 is available in this handbook & explains a little more, search indoor and outdoor provision
Literally the second someone replies to this my assessor decides to return my email!! Bah. So her words are:

"Indoor and outdoor ones will be short, it really is looking at how areas are being used or not and why and how to improve if need it"

Sounds really simple but I've also been told previously that they're observations and/or that I need to be observing one particular area indoors and outside but simultaneously not picking an individual area but assessing as a whole. It needs to be either or it can't be both but I'll work on her most recent version of explanation I guess.

Kind of awkward because I've left nursery now (only a month left on my course) but as I remember every inch of the garden and play room I guess it doesn't matter too much.