Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 01-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

gracygrey is on a distinguished road
Default Lost the will

Sorry this is so utterly pathetic but I have just got to a point where I really can't face the rest of the course - stupid really as I have finished 15 units, one annoying question on unit 16 and then that's done and then just my 3 optionals one of which is half signed off already but tbh I'm not bothered, I have been through such a roller coaster with this course and with major issues at my setting that jacking it in would put a brief end to what has been an utterly miserable 11 months since I started.
Was planning on spending the rest of tonight studying but can't face opening the folder and looking at another question to get stressed over
To top it off my DH has alway said it is just a two bit qualification that should be p*** easy to do.

So sorry for whining but it has all got to me :sorry:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lis22 is on a distinguished road

Hi! So sad to read you want to give it all up.Is it possible to take a break from it for a few days,a week just to charge your batteries.It seems such a shame to just stop all that hard work youve put into the course.
It may only be a sheet of paper with your qualification on at the end but it can lead to you being the boss,running the setting.
Ive had days where ive actually screamed and screwed up work and regreted it later.your not along hun.

Remember, its good to talk and get things off your mind/chest.

Hope you feel alot better soon
Unread 01-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

hugs, keep plodding, you've done way too much to raise a white flag now. Please post when you need to and keep the red close by xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracygrey View Post
Sorry this is so utterly pathetic but I have just got to a point where I really can't face the rest of the course - stupid really as I have finished 15 units, one annoying question on unit 16 and then that's done and then just my 3 optionals one of which is half signed off already but tbh I'm not bothered, I have been through such a roller coaster with this course and with major issues at my setting that jacking it in would put a brief end to what has been an utterly miserable 11 months since I started.
Was planning on spending the rest of tonight studying but can't face opening the folder and looking at another question to get stressed over
To top it off my DH has alway said it is just a two bit qualification that should be p*** easy to do.

Hi Gracygrey
I know at one point i felt like this, it is those annoying questions that if you could get them straight into your head you would have no problems in answering them. As for your boss saying what she/he did if it was a two bit qualification then we would all sail through this, perhaps she/he should have ago at new training.
You have come so far don't give up, have a little break and then come back to it, i will always help if i can so post your question on unit 16 and lets see if silkysteps can help you, i know i had so much help especially when i was feeling that i didnt understand the question. Go girl show your boss that you can do it and they are lucky to have you.

Lynne
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:09 AM

Thank you both so much.
My newest manager is being quite helpful it is my husband who says it is a something of nothing qualification so support at home is lacking to say the least

Will give myself a day away from it and then see how I go
Unread 01-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

cuppy cake is on a distinguished road
i know exactly how you feel. i have worked my butt off since june and am on unit 15 i had the assessor visit the other day (im doing this course online) and asked her if it was still okay to have my last assessment early so can pass early and she told me she would not travel for an hour just to see me i have to wait 12 weeks like everyone else. by then it will only be 2 months before we have to pass anyway. no one else in my company has worked as hard as me but because of them not taking the course seriously (most after 7 months are still on unit 7 at the most) i have to be punished and wait for everyone else before i can pass. but on the company website they say u can pass as soon as u finish u dont have to wait the whole year. im really cheesed off because i spent my whole summer holidays working my butt off and not going out and when working i come home and work for at least 2 hours a night. my other half has barely seen me for 7 months even tho we live together because ive always got my head stuck in a book or researching online. now i have to wait for everyone else to catch up because all they can be bothered to do is go out drinking. grr lol.
hope u get back on track soon sweetie x x x x x
Unread 01-24-2012, 05:43 PM

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank you both so much.
My newest manager is being quite helpful it is my husband who says it is a something of nothing qualification so support at home is lacking to say the least

Will give myself a day away from it and then see how I go
Hi Gracygrey

i know what you mean my husband thinks the same and he couldn't understand how much work that is involved, he used to say to me about how much time i spent studying and especially to get a qualification at my age (46 years) but i did enjoy it and yes i did spent alot of time studying, preparing and the worst one was finding the right words and that was if you were lucky enough to understand the question. He has congratulated me since i have passed but still no certificate as of yet

Keep your head up and we know how hard this course is and it is worth it in the end.

Lynne
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:53 PM

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Hi,
you keep going your so near the end, we have all had the same kind of feelings but it will be worth it when you recieve your diploma good luck and just ask if you need any support im always happy to help x
Unread 01-24-2012, 08:31 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

the level 3 is your LICENCE TO PRACTICE! it is an incredibly important piece of paper which is why it should be a challenge and will get you through any door. ignore your dh and go for it then you can sit back relax and know you have earned it.
Unread 01-24-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
the level 3 is your LICENCE TO PRACTICE! it is an incredibly important piece of paper which is why it should be a challenge and will get you through any door. ignore your dh and go for it then you can sit back relax and know you have earned it.
thank you tutu, i try and keep telling myself that but when your nearest and dearest thinks it's pointless it is pretty tough