Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Years News & Events

Early Years News & Events Preschool and other relevant Early years news and events will be posted in this forum along with our subscribed feeds. Please add any local news or opportunity that you feel is of interest

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 07-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Blossom

Grants / funding info ??

Hiya
We are a new private day nursery, and we're just wondering if there are any grants or funding etc that we could access.
We are wanting to develop an outside area and also a sensory area. Also can we get any sort of milk allowance? As I seem to remember that we could claim something at one point?:blush:
Cheers Jo

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Lightbulb

Hiya Blossom - Firstly I would say ask your local EY department for local funding opportunities - Lancashire's 'Children First' website has a lot of information on it .... meanwhile I'll look and see if there are any private organisations offering grant assistance in your area ...

ps... let us know if you find out any information as well
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road
Default large grant project.

We are currently seeking a grant for our outside play area, which costs quite a lot, have tried local council, who gave me a list of possible funders from Grantfinder and there is also the lottery, have written to big companies any where else i could try?
so far we have been pledged £1,270 but need almost £12,000.
Someone suggested entrust but the garden playarea would have to be public and only our playgroup use it.
Has anyone any ideas!!!
Unread 08-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Sadie what County are you in?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-19-2006, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthierhyme View Post
Sadie what County are you in?
I am in devon.
Unread 08-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Narnia is on a distinguished road

i'd like one too, there's a possiblity of a new building becoming available in the next year and it would need loads of money to buy it.................alternatively, i need some money(about £3,000) to put cushioned lino flooring down for the children.We currently have thin fitted carpet, which you can imagine is a nightmare:paints, dough,glue, sand,water!!
Unread 03-05-2007, 08:25 AM

just to let you know we were awarded a awards for all grant of almost £10,000 and have raised the other £2,000 from local donations, we now have the funds for our outdoor area, if you persist even though you get loads of no's there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Unread 03-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie View Post
just to let you know we were awarded a awards for all grant of almost £10,000 and have raised the other £2,000 from local donations, we now have the funds for our outdoor area, if you persist even though you get loads of no's there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
omg that is fantastic news .. Congratulations .. goodness you must be itching to get on with it !! Well done
the cost of ad blockers